don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. LucasMadword

LucasMadword

LucasSaturn Member
    I was going to attempt getting it working and giving feedback... but I can't get HedgeModManager to run on my Steam Deck (just hangs when it notices Sonic Frontiers and tries to create configuration files for it). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'll give it another go soon enough and then I'll be able to give it a go again.

2. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    with stuff that doesn't behave in SteamOS, try to set them up in the desktop mode first. I got FFXIV running on mine that way - entering desktop mode, downloading the install exe, adding it to steam, setting it to run in proton, running it, then adding the launcher to steam and running that in proton and letting it install all its updates, and then finally going back to SteamOS and running the launcher in that.

so for example, you might want to boot up in desktop mode, add the hedgemodmanager to steam (if it doesn't have a linux version), tell steam explicitly to run it in proton, and then run it so it can make its config files. THEN you try to run it while in SteamOS.

3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Idk if anyone mentioned it or noticed or cared but I just got a PS5 so I wanted to do the PS4>PS5 upgrade for this game. A couple notes:
    -Save transfers are only available for main game save files. How it works is you open the menu and select the PS4 save you want (which can be either main game or Another Story) and then it will load that save and put it in the Auto-Save slot.
    - Your previous options menu settings, Arcade Mode, Battle Rush, and Cyberspace Challenge records simply don't exist and you must finish out the main game once again to unlock them on the main menu.
    - If you redeemed the Adventurer's Treasure Box from a pre-order, it will be downloaded alongside the Monster Hunter and Santa outfits if you already had those. But if you already redeemed the SA2 Shoes code you can't get it on PS5, and will have to go back to the PS4 version to play with the SA2 shoes.
    - if you've previously obtained all trophies, they will automatically unlock for the PS5 version as well, and 60+ videos will be rendered out to show when you unlocked each achievement.
    - Graphics look so much better. I plan on just keeping my old saves as my old saves and finally doing a full second playthrough once I've had my fill of Spider-Man 2.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List