don't click here

Sonic Free Riders

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tiranno, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Looks like its offical then. sonic riders 3/free riders is confirmed!

2. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I have a feeling it's gonna play just like that airboard game for the Eyetoy.

Also, screw you Sega. Screw you. Your naming is bad and you should feel bad.

3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    [​IMG]

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    You know, they really shouldn't have done another Sonic Riders and instead should've done Jet Set Radio 3.

Ahh, who am I kidding. Sonic prints money. :v:

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    The good thing is that we'll be getting Babylon Rogues toys out of this. I hope they have extreme gear too.

6. Can someone rip that logo/boxart from that picture for use on the Wiki?

Also confirmed! Wonder how different it will be from the other Sonic Riders games...

7. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Don't forget this. I'm still reading the article myself. Jet's back and the images they use makes Sonic and Jet look like they're made of clay. Outside of all that, customization and making you stretch out a bit seems to be the focus of the game.

...Having rented the first one for two days and never touching the second, I have no opinion on this game whatsoever.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I'd only buy this if you can use a controller.

9. Why not?
    On a logical and business standpoint, why wouldn't they do it. A Sonic 20th Anniversary would print money for SEGA.

Anyways.

I'm not so keen on Riders, and I have a PS3 anyways.
    The only thing I liked about Zero Gravity, was Un-gravitify. That song (tied with His World) is my all-time favorite Sonic song ever.

10. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

[​IMG]

Did I do it rite?

11. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

Yes you did. Excellent. Now get the character renders =P

Never mind, it's on the blog

12. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I'm going to wait for the reviews and if the controls are competent, I'll probably get this. An excuse to get in a little pinch of exercise without actually exercising can only be a good thing for a confirmed layabout such as I. :v:

13. UptoCamp

UptoCamp

I loved the original Sonic Riders and I still play it while listening to music on occasion when I'm bored, but I don't see why it needed sequels. I can only imagine it's because of SEGA's infatuation with making racing games.
    It will be interesting to see if this motion-controlled version will be a success or if it will tank hard.

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    It needed refinement, so in that sense I'd say it needed sequels. Granted, Zero Gravity could have used a little more polished, but by all accounts it seems better than the first one.

"By all accounts" being secondhand impressions, as while I enjoyed what I played of the first game once I got a handle on it, I haven't got around to playing Zero Gravity yet.

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I really dislike that Sonic render for some reason. I think it's actually because his proportions are more correct than usual for Riders art. But those humongous shoes... :psyduck:

16. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    I don't think this is gonna have a story mode.

Then again, I could be wrong

17. I can't tell if this is going to be an all-new game or if it's just going to be a remake with Kinect controls.

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    This. Sorry, but I just can't spend neary $350 just to play a Sonic Riders sequel. I do hope that there will be multiple control options, as there were in Zero Gravity. I mean...does SEGA really expect it to sell that well otherwise? The Kinect doesn't really seem like something people are going to jump all over. To me it just seems like an enhanced EyeToy. If anything, Free Riders should be a 360 game with Kinect support.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

20. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    This is on 360 but the graphics still look like Wii? At least make it like ASR please.

Level design looks good though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.