don't click here

Sonic Data Compression Tool

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SoullessSentinel, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Data Compression Tool

This program is a generic compressor/decompressor for the file formats used in Sonic 1-3
    I know the Sega Data Compressor already does this, however I dislike how each format is in its own program, so to eliminate the need to load a seperate compressor/decompressor, I put together this program as an All In One.
    Although I coded this for personal use, I'm releasing this just in case anyone else would use this.

Whats supported:
    Compression and Decompression of Nemesis, Kosinski (and Moduled), Enigma and Saxman (and Z80 Driver) formats are supported using the KENS dll's.

Known Bugs:
    KENS causes the application to crash when using Nemesis compression on a file that is not a multiple of $20 bytes.
    Please report any other bugs found.

Screenshot:
    View attachment 2375

Downloads (bug fix release - 16 OCT 08):
    Fixed:
    *Incorrect data type handeling may lead to program crashes, or corrupt output

FileFront
    MegaUpload

Constructive feedback/critisism is welcomed.

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Good idea. I'll certainly be using this.

You could add a filesize check and pad the source file if needed.

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Thank you, Thank you so much,

This makes compressing screen art and mappings at the same time "MUCH" easier, there are just times you can't be arsed to load extra shit to do something simple, you know?

10/10

4. Since people are actually using this I thought I should make a quick bug fix release
    Updated download link in first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.