don't click here

Sonic Compressed Art Archive

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by JcFerggy, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Over the last few months, I have been slowly working on compressed art for people, and for my self. I have had a archive over on Freewebs, but due to the fact that its slow, hard to work with, and just plain sucks, I stopped working on it.

Anyway, I made a Invision Forum for him, but he decided he didn't want it, so I played around with it, and eventually made up my mind that this is where I will host my archive now.

SCAA (Or Sonic Compressed Art Archive) is a place to go, download compressed art, or show off your own art. Everything there is free, but you have to give credit to SCAA if you use any of it.

This isn't a place to talk about your hacks, or to spam, flame, or otherwise make a retard of your self or others. This is a place to show off Sonic related compressed art and sprites.

I don't consider this advertising, but if you think I'm breaking any rules by making this topic, please delete this, and there will be no problem.

-Edit- Updated link

2. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Who's him? :P

Hmmm... It's definately a good idea, but I probably won't be using it, as I can just extract art from the games anyway.

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    What format are those .dat files? (If I simply replace the .bin art files in my hack, it crashes, so I'm assuming it's not just that)...

P.S. This is awesome.

4. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    If you read in the forum rules, "All compressed art that is in the archives is un-compressed, so that you can edit it to fit your pallet or for your own reason."

@ Keiji - what I meant to say was my friend wanted an Invision forum, but he changed his mind.

5. Puto

Puto

Portugal, Oeiras
    Oh :blushing:

Thanks.

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Time paradox?

7. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I was wondering about that too.

8. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    The compressed art from the rom has been decompressed for us...

wait....never mind *shot*

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Okay, one month bump.

My site has moved. The reason being is that I got sick of stupid little errors in version 1.3, and having those ads at the top of the page.

Well thanks to Shadow ([Rahim] Who really isn't that bad of a guy when you get to know him), I have a new board set up, with a new skin, and version 2.2.1, which I believe is higher than his board.

The link is here - SCAA

Since last post, I have added a good friend on the team, who has been making some art with me. Some of the new better art is:

- An advanced art section for art that need some other editing than just putting in the rom (Still empty as of new, but I have 4 pieces ready to go in)
    - In S1, there are things like buttons, bubbles, and spike balls.
    - In S2, there are things like S3 eggprision and monitors.

There is still no S3 art, but if anyone would like to volunteer, I could gladly give them a trial run.

If anyone wants to affiliate me, heres my banner. [​IMG]

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I seriously disagree with both making the archive a forum, and forcing people to register to see it. That's just dirty tactics.

And rahim is a fucking idiot. Nuff said.

11. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    I can understand hating Rahim, and people can think what they want of him. Now about the archive it's self. I find it easier to add files, change things, and do other things with it being a forum. Before, I just had a crappy Freewebs account, and I prefer this 100% more. And about signing up to download the art, I want to know who is using my art, and I don't want people using it without credit towards the site.

12. Puto

Puto

Portugal, Oeiras
    I agree with SCAA being a forum. If anything, it promotes contribution.

13. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Actually, it's called using your brain. By having a forum, it allows for quick editing when necessary, instead of editing the site files and continuously having to upload whenever a change is made. This way is better. And by forcing people to register, he does what many people who have a brain would do. I don't think you would want some random guest coming around, and ripping stuff off you without giving credit. You wouldn't even know who this person would be. By forcing people to register, you have a fair idea of who is gonna use the stuff.

EDIT: Gah... stupid keyboard... I didn't want to post yet... Anyway, JcFerggy, the link in your sig needs to be changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.