don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Shame I'm at school, I'd love to hear the music more clearly. I will love anyone who makes .mp3's out of those if the quality is good.

Loving some of the camera angles in the Tropical Resort video.

EDIT: New videos/etc. on bottom of previous page.

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Still using that Eggman theme? Isn't this like the 3rd game with it? Still good though, at least the music is great and hasn't been shit on by Jun Senoue.

3. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    The quality is good though in-game with SFX and Eggman talking in the Sweet Mountain gameplay video. However it sounds like the music has been updated since the E3 version we saw, both Tropical Resort and Sweet Mountain's music sounds more dynamic.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, I thought Tropical Resort sounded different. The bass isn't as strong in the opening now, as heard here.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like that they're still using the same Eggman theme. I like the consistancy. Also same 1up song too. Bring back the S3K End of act music though D:

Still this game looks better and better each time I see it. I am soo excited for this game to come out

6. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    lol 8-Bit Eggman theme.

I actually like this theme so I'm glad its being re-used.

And as always these videos look amazing.

7. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    [​IMG]

Lookie there. Thanks to Doctor Eggman at Stadium for noticing. Not exact but it seems they had Green Hill in mind and there were paths in the stage that we don't see in the video.

8. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    @Dengeki Comic: Sweet scanlations. And here I was busting my ass trying to translate it. Silly first-year Japanese student. The most I've managed so far was to translate it all into romaji.

Looks like the Wisps speak in Wingdings. Cool.

@Videos: I'm liking the co-op stages and it's whole 8-bit computer simulation motif. Very nice. Tails' voice sounds like Tails, so that's good news, and while we've already seen the levels, they look much nicer from a direct feed. I'm liking the upbeat modern jazz music for each stage, they're really good. They sound like they'd ease you into the stage well, like the Genesis tunes did for the old games. Not bad.

My only gripe about what I've seen so far is that you can't roll or spindash, especially when you clearly have a line of badguys that are so tee'd up for a fucking spindash-roll. I don't want to homing-attack them one by one, that's absolutely retarded. Just give me a spindash/roll button and I'm good! There's 6 buttons to choose from, 4 when you count the jump and slide buttons. Come on, Sonic Team, do it! Bring back the spindash in 3D, or at least a "roll" button while you're running so you can just bowling-ball the pawns into oblivion. That would be awesome.

That being said, Colors is looking to be a fun game. I just don't want it to be too automated and easy like the first zones of Unleashed.

@Svend Joscelyne Interviews Iizuka: Well, that cleared a few things up. I also wouldn't say the last word has been said about Sonic 4 even in comparison with Sonic Colours. Hell, that hasn't gotten the last word yet either. Also: I knew Stardust Speedway was going to influence this game somehow. I just knew it'd be in there. Very nice to hear about Starlight Carnival.

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    So I'm guessing the multiplayer stages can be played single-player? Because that's awesome... they basically confirmed about 20+ new acts.

10. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Huh. Different than I expected but definitely a huge improvement over the actors in the past 3D Sonic games.

11. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yeah, that's the long and short of it. Pretty cool, huh?

12. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    Can't help but notice in the third video of the recent three that the 2nd use of the laser seems mandatory. I can't figure out how Sonic would get up that cliff without it.

Not that I have any quips with it, I'm just instigating. :p

13. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I loved everything I saw and heard. Except for - When Sonic was going fast, the music kinda blurred out as if it was some sort of Sound Barrier thing. Yeah that's cool and all, but no thanks. Hope it's optional.

Everything else was great. I like Tails' new voice, I like that they kept the Eggman voice too.

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I don't think it's a "main" level, it's more like one of the extra levels in Unleashed. It's an entirely 2D level containing only Laser Wisps. I think the promise we had earlier was that you could complete the game without using Wisps; it said nothing about bonus levels.

15. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    So I have a request for the musically talented among us... would anybody be willing to compose a remix or remake of the Tropical Resort music? I've had it stuck in my head since the very moment it was revealed, but the only way I can listen to it is via video of the level being played, meaning I have sound effects over the music. I've seen people take a crack at remaking Sonic 4's music, and I'd love a clean version of TRZ.

Anybody up to the task?

16. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This picture isn't showing up. Can you reload it or something?

17. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    Okay, even hearing that tiny sample has confirmed I'm actually gonna like this new Tails voice. Good job Kate!

All we need now is a good sample of Sonic's voice.

18. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    For a minute in the video Sonic goes "Ha!" as he jumps, but that's not helpful for much.

19. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I definitely can get behind Tails' new voice. SA1 voice still hurts my head -_-

20. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I noticed in that Sweet Mountain video that when Sonic takes the lower path the music changes? That's pretty cool. Tails VA doesn't sound bad, and Tropical Resort looked like a different Act. The music sounded different too.

All in all still looking solid.