don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    This totally makes me wish that there was a game where classic Sonic met modern Sonic and they all met Sonic 0Shit Sonic *since that game never happened*.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    You guys want an option for everything.

I don't see what any of this has to do with Sonic Colors either, so knock it off.

3. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Well, I'm hoping there aren't too many rail segments and pseudo-QTEs. Some I don't mind, but not too much. Then I just feel like I'm playing the worse parts of Unleashed, but nevermind that. WISPS!

Speaking of wisps, out of the 7 or 8 that we're supposed to get in the Wii version, we know about 6, right? White boosts, Blue lasers, Yellow drills, Green floats, Purple spikes, and orange rockets. Boy, that was fast. So that leaves one or two more, nevermind the DS version. And I wonder just how many co-op levels can be unlocked. A level builder for co-op would certainly be interesting as well.

4. glem3

glem3

On another note, something I've been wondering about colors is what happens if the drill power runs out while you're using it underground?

5. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    You die, instantly.

Also I've been told you can use the power to drill through water too, apparently. I would think given the last few games' track record concerning water, that you would die instantly in the that too.

6. glem3

glem3

Are you serious? How do you know this? Damn... that sucks. Oh well, it's not like I'd need to drill for a long time anyway.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    lots of previews have mentioned that you die if you let it run out. The good news is that the wisp powers last a very long time. I don't think I've seen anybody come even close to running out, and I've seen people use the drill for almost 10 seconds.

as for the second bit.... I dunno, I could see underwater segments returning. As in, non-auto-death underwater segments. And I welcome them back with open arms, I loved the underwater segments in Sonic games. Water is a Sonic staple to me.

8. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    The drowning music rendered in next gen sound? High octane nightmare fuel, anyone? I would like to see the return of the underwater segments, but if I see a next gen Labyrinth Zone, I'm hiding under my bed.

9. glem3

glem3

Well, it was kinda next gen in sonic adventure, right? Or sonic adventure 2?

Anyway, there IS a water planet looking thing on the map... but I'm starting to think it's actually just planet whisp. I mean, where else does planet whisp fit on that map?

10. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I gotta believe planet wisp is located right under the very center of the map. Look at the map - there's a hub in the middle (which is tropical resort zone) and then branching planets all around it. Well below that hub is a chain, and in early demos of the game there was a lock icon on it. I think that chain is connected to planet wisp, hence that's where it is on the map.

11. glem3

glem3

Uh, then why can't we see the planet? Every other planet in the game is visible, but this one is just a spire? There are chains on EVERY planet, not just planet whisp. So why doesn't planet whisp get a real icon, but all the other levels do? It makes sense the water planet would be planet whisp, considering it's covered with purple water.

Also, sorry if this is old news but:

And apparently Amy is nowhere in the game. And we have new pictures of orbot and cubot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ArchangelUK

ArchangelUK

Used to do things. No one quite recalls what. Member
    UK
  13. glem3

glem3

Oh, okay.

What do we think this means? Is it related to sonic unleashed? Is it just something new for this story?

14. NomadTW

NomadTW

So does that pretty much confirm that 'Yacker' is silent the whole time?

Sounds good to me. I'm also interested in the robot thing, but why does that automatically mean it was in Unleashed? It could be talking about something he does early on in Colors, couldn't it?

15. glem3

glem3

I don't think Yacker is silent.

Then again TSSZ may just be bullshitting. But how else are they going to communicate with yacker? He's the one saying all the stuff in the question mark things at least, I think. Unless yacker just uses gestures to talk to sonic and tails, which I really, really doubt.

16. NomadTW

NomadTW

So what does this mean then, exactly? Is he saying that he can be silent, if you so choose, or what.

I need to know this shit man, my purchase is riding on it! :v:

17. glem3

glem3

I'm guessing it means that he only talks in text in-game, like chip in sonic unleashed. But otherwise, how will he be a guide to the world of whisps if he can't talk? Hell, what would be the point of the character if he can't talk? Just to stand there and act important? He has to do SOMETHING, and if he can't talk, I can't see what he's going to do.

18. NomadTW

NomadTW

It can be done, if handled properly. I've seen a lot of cartoons that have the protagonist communicate with the silent helper. He sort of speaks for them like: *after silent character points at something or gestures* "Oh, you mean we gotta go X then? I gotcha!". But that's besides the point.

I think you are probably right about the text thing in game, yes. Though it's possible I guess they just mean that you'll have the option of whether or not you hear him explain stuff to you in game. If I recall correctly, I think I heard him speak in one of the gameplay videos. Just as someone was about to use the rocket wisp. They kept on hitting A or something to skip his explanation. You can faintly hear his voice skipping to the next line of dialogue all disjointed like and stuff.

Meh, could just be me hearing things, but feel free to check that out if you want.

19. glem3

glem3

Right, so as for the whole "gestures" thing, you expect him to explain what robotnik is up to, explain everything about his race and etc., and do this with gestures? The guy barely has hands, for Christ's sake. How is he gonna get his name? Why would his name be Yacker if he doesn't talk? You might say it's "ironic" but sonic's never been especially clever with nicknames. Chip and tails weren't too ironic or interesting. Unless yacker is some random shit they came up with, but knowing sonic team, there's probably some meaning behind it. I can't think of a sonic character without a name that reflects something about them, other than... amy.

If Yacker IS replacing chip (which it seems pretty clear that he is) all signs point to him talking. What did the person mean by a "silent" guide? Well, I guess we don't know yet.

Edit: This may be a long shot but "silent guide" may be referring to the fact that Sonic and Tails are kinda in the dark about the whisps and everything, and yacker explains it like a translator. Or exactly that, he translates for them.

The whole sentence doesn't really make sense:

So they communicate with him but he's silent? Maybe he just makes a bunch of alien noises and stuff and subtitles come up on the bottom of the screen.

20. NomadTW

NomadTW

Hey I never said it was appropriate for this story, bro. Just saying it's not unheard of, is all.

Far as the name thing goes, it's either like you said, a 'lol ironic' one, or one that blatantly describes his character as 'talkative'. Who knows.

And I dunno about that 'translator' thing you mentioned, if Yacker can communicate to Sonic and Tails, why can't the other ones do the same?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, gonna go ahead and call it, Tails has a device that allows them to communicate with them or something.