don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. glem3

glem3

I already said this in another topic, but the green whisp is definitely the worst of the powerups so far. It just looks really stupid and completely breaks up the pace of the game. And all it did was just... creep upward very slowly.

Also, looks like quickstep is B+analogue stick now, good to know.

2. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    I can't say whether the hovercraft power is any good; it might just be that the player used it at a bad time. It's supposed to have the Light Dash (why Sonic suddenly needs a Green Wisp to do that is a mystery not even God can solve), so it might wind up being better than it looks. That said, it's certainly a bit weak, but it looks... kind of like Tails when he flies, in terms of gameplay effect...

3. glem3

glem3

That seems pretty stupid to me though. I can understand needing a whisp that lets you do the light dash, but why a whisp that slows you down to a crawl and lets you very slowly move upward?

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Agreed about the green wisp. When I used it in the demo, I really didn't like it.
    And the quickstep can only be done in certain parts of a level where it tells you to do the quickstep, which is done only by using the analogue stick.

Also, like I said earlier, I was filmed while playing Sweet Mountain Zone, or at least someone took pictures. And I saw other people playing Sweet Mountain Zone as well.

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention was that I got a C rank while playing the levels reguarly, so it looks like getting an S rank will take some effort.

5. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

If the wisps didn't work correctly where they're not supposed to, that could lead to less spamming of said power-ups. Using stuff well would improve your time. Using them badly would just set Sonic back. I'd like that.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    The Green Wisp could be useful in getting those Special Rings, and there's probably some nice-sized ring trails to higher paths, perhaps greatly upping your ring count in the process.

7. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    Well, you can elect to use the Wisp immediately, or you can hold on to it for a while. It would be amazing if you could combine Wisp powers... but I guess we'll have to wait for Sonic Colors 2.

I'm seeing tons of options for exploration with this game. Almost like Sunday afternoons in 4th grade with Sonic 2 and debug mode.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

9. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Ristar? What the hell are you doing here?

Anyway, interesting power to say the least.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I like exploration in my Sonic games so I'm all for the green wisp.

11. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I actually have no problems with that. I love the Sonic Rush special stages.

In the vein of the Sign Post issue, what's the most recent game that has Special Stages? I really miss those...

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Rush Adventure. In you're talking main games, then it would be Heroes.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    This is great. Rush has my favorite Special Stages of any game (that I've played, sorry Saturn Sonic 3D), so bringing it back with a few tweaks has me excited.

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I agree. Though this Green Wisp power is reminiscent of the Boo Mario PowerUp from Super Mario Galaxy, so I'm betting it will be as much underused.

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    They made a homage to Ristar? Fuck yes.
    Also, can we have special stages that doesn't involve tubes? I fucking hate those. Blue Sphere was way better than tubes and the Sonic 1 special stage.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    From the video, it reminds me actually of Tails' flight ability.

So... hm... Sonic can climb walls now and fly. I wonder what the 20th anniversary game holds in store...

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Behold, the fusion of 3 characters together, Sonicklesails! He runs super fast, builds things, and searches for the shards of the Master Emerald.

18. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I was hoping that if a whisp gave Sonic a flying ability, it would control similar to Nights into Dreams and at a good pace. Oh well. This game is looking really great and I honestly haven't been this excited to play a Sonic game since Advance 2.

19. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

So the pink wisp is going to make Sonic one of those sticky, virus-covered bumpy balls that daycare kids love messing with? Cool.

Gene's right when he says that a lot of the wisps seem to be just an extension of Sonic's regular moves. That's good. The pink wisp should be really good because if there's Unleashed daytime like levels, there's no momentum gameplay, which means no going on upside down surfaces, if I remember correctly. This however, will allow that. The way I see Colors so far is that it's like the daytime levels, except with some sort of strange set of cheat codes with level design that caters to that. Seeing some of the actual gameplay in planet Wisp though, I still can't say I'm that impressed.

20. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Oh man oh man oh man! I also had a thing for Advance 2 that I cannot explain. Maybe that's why it's one of my favorite Sonic games ever.

But I must say that I was as much excited about Unleashed, and now I'm excited about Colors as if it were Unleashed 2.