don't click here

Sonic CD

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mobiethian, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    Hey, not ALL of the American tracks were bad. Granted, the vast majority of them sorta sucked, but a few were gold, like, Stardust Speedway. And, well, yeah.

2. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Tidal Tempest (Present, U.S.) will always be my all-time favorite level song in any game.

3. SoberMilk

SoberMilk

South Lanarkshire, Scotland
    Moderating Nocturnal Engine
    I personally beleive that both soundtracks have equall good-and-bad points. For example, the boss music on the American track, I thought was a little slow and boring, however, both the boss AND final boss tracks on the Japanese track were catchy and fun!

4. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I agree.. I can't seem to decide which is better fitting for the game. I can't say though, I haven't located the japanese version to play it yet. Any ideas where I may find it?

5. SoberMilk

SoberMilk

South Lanarkshire, Scotland
    Moderating Nocturnal Engine
  6. Bertin

Bertin

Well you see I lack a Mega CD... Which Is why I use Gems Collection and love the Gems collection version :D.
    Even though I had the Sega CD version... (which was about....10...11..years ago about?) But yeah P.P.A. I would like to play Sonic CD on the Mega CD for just it's soundtrack.

Even though I probably could get one since my birthday is coming up in the 8th of August. And I have 200 dollars in my wallet right now. But that's most likely going towards a 360 and some XBL.

But back on topic I like Tidal Tempest Present (NTSC), Stardust Speedway Present (NTSC), Metallic Madness (NTSC), Metallic Madness Bad Future (NTSC), Collision Chaos (JP).

7. TKB

TKB

I've downloaded Sonic CD proto 920 and the Japanese soundtrack recently, and I have to say that both this version and the U.S. soundtrack are all in all equally good. Yet, both versions pretty much alter the overall mood and feel of the levels themselves.

For example, thought both versions of the music for Quartz Quadrant Zone (good future) are pretty good, the Japanese / PAL version has a soothing calmness in the melody. It makes the level a serene place to be in.

It's not like the U.S. version, where it has a sort of a "outter world" pop rhythm to it that gives a feel of liberation from any danger. Yet this one manages to keep the calmness and even the utopian feel of a good future in the level.

8. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    I love sonic CD. I have the PC version, but I'm sure it won't work on vista, and probably won't work in general. I want a r0m.

I'm sure there's one somewhere. If anyone can tell me where I can find one from a trusted site, let me know.

9. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    I have to say I like most of the Jap Music. But I remember getting pumped listening to Sonic Boom and watching to intro every time before I played the game. So that song holds a special place for me.

10. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    eBay is where I got mine.

11. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
    Did you try the patch on Sonic Cult?

12. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    SonAR doesn't have the finals up yet, but if you want something just for the sake of playing there is the 712 beta: http://sonar.heranbago.com/roms/Mega%20CD/...%20proto%20712/

13. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I enjoy playing Sonic CD from start to finish very often. I love this game. Who were some of the creators?

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I had the luxury of playing the 920 Version of the game the first time playing through Sonic CD, so I had the Japanese music from the beginning. I own the US version from GEMS, but I haven't touched it in years. I think all of CC's music is horrendous for the US version, the rest of it is ok, but just not up to par in my book.....as far as being in a Sonic game. Outside of that, it's tolerable. Sonic Boom is really good though, even though it's the only song that fits.

15. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    Welp, I got it :p

16. Athelstone

Athelstone

Oldbie
    Sonic CD was probably my favourite Sonic game...lots of good memories. I still remember my brother and I seeing the game for the first time in the Debenhams shopping centre, with everyone gawping at the anime cut scene. We would then race each other on highstreets, pretending we were running along the Special stage...the nerdery of youth :thumbsup:

17. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
  18. Yuzu

Yuzu

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    FUCKING

SAVED

20. Yuzu

Yuzu

Now, I'm adding an option into my hack to play The Fresh Prince Of Belair theme (I'm porting a midi of it) in Labyrinth Zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.