don't click here

sonic cd was the first sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Zycor, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Saxman has already proved you wrong. All the evidence and illegible posts in the world can't prove you right now.

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    1. Sega put two copyright dates on Sonic & Knuckles Collection (1994/1997), so that goes out the window.

2. Sonic 1 was released in June 1991; the Mega CD was released in November 1991. I doubt that the Sega CD was in development before Sonic 1's release, so there goes that entire argument.

3. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    ok what im really trying to say is that sonic the hedgehog is sonics first game but sonic cd was on creation first I hope I didnt make anyone mad at me I appoligiese to all and please don't hate me if im wrong then don't beilieve me this is sorta a theory but im backing it up as much as I can but goodness the spindash thing and sprites similarities proves it I guess since the quick sonic 2 to sonic one switch just don't hate me :)

4. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    But you've already been proven wrong. Sonic CD was based on an early Sonic 2 prototype. It's a proven fact.

5. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    C'mon, Im sorry but no one was being offensive to him. In fact I wanted to call him an idiot but I read the other posts of people being open about the idea and decided not to... all though NOW everyone is starting to be mean...

I will be good, I will not lash out and swear,.. instead I'll make a stupid joke in return in attempt to cover my frustration with idiots
    How can a penis be foolish?

6. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    They aren't going to put a date that a game was worked on -- they will put the 'release' dates. Therefore, SK Collection for example -- S3 and SK were both out in 1994.... and then SK Collection can out in 1997, so they modified the game to show that.

That means that Sonic CD being worked on back in 1991 would never change it's final product date. Sonic 2 was worked on in 1991, but the game says 1992 in it. Sonic 3 was worked on in 1993, but it says 1994 in it. Duke Nukem 3D was worked on way back in 1993, but it says 1996 in the game. Are you seeing my point?

7. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    It's caleld the Super Peel Out, if you're curious ;P

Sonic CD was put into development after Sonic 1, and wasn't even being worked on by AM8, alias Sonic Team(before Sonic 1). All that is the same is the character designer, as someone else pointed out here.

Now, if you're asking me.... what the heck gave you this idea?

Actually, it can be. The game Zelda: Wind Waker was being desinged and programmed right after Ocarina of Time was released; You see, the group split into two temporarily to work on both games (Majora's Mask and Wind Waker), and the GCN hadn't even been released yet. ;P

8. Zycor

Zycor

Beats me.
    ok now I understand fully I was wrong but it sure looks as if it was based on the prototype of sonic 2 im sorry if I hurt yalls fingers typing all that stuff and I just am I curious freak and I will never say sonic cd was first ofcourse that's not what I meant!

~ END OF DESCUTION ~

9. Kles

Kles

Danny: Learn to use capitals and periods, damnit.

But yeah, this is kinda dumb. I do believe I need not add anymore to the topic.

10. Well, if Sonic CD is a prototype of Sonic 2, they should have used the Super Peel Out in Sonic 2.But lets say they took it out just cause they didn't like it, wouldn't we still find evidence that it was in the beta rom?Or are you suggesting that Sonic CD was supposed to be the actual Sonic 2 game but they didn't like it so they renamed it to Sonic CD and started agan with a new game?That just doesn't sound like somthing Sonic Team would do.I mean, its like they failed to make a good game out of Sonic 2(first attempt) and then when they started agan, they used what was left of the first attempt to make another game.That makes them sound cheap, but that's if you even understood a word I just said.

11. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Super Peel Out was useless and shitty IMO.

12. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    I thought the Super Peel Out was an awesome running sprite, they just didn't need to use it the way they did, which was to show that Sonic was going really fast.

Not unless they worked on it after the beta was released. The beta was just to things off the ground. If you think about it, the Super Peel Out was probably programmed mid-game to late-game stages of Sonic CD seeing as how it works, at least, that is what I think. I could be wrong.

13. Drakmyth

Drakmyth

Inspector Drakmyth Master at your service. Oldbie
    In the void beneath the ancient maze...
    Sonic Eclipse 2, Return of the Hidden Palace, Unnamed Sonic 2 Hack
    What did they even put the Super Peel out in there for? As far as I can tell, you go the same speed as a fully charged spindash but can get hurt if you run into enemies. I never found a use for it.

14. It is good for a few things.Like going around loops and up steep hils.With a regular spin dash you eventually will roll to a stop and if it's a big hill you will roll back down, but the Super Peel Out gives you instant running speed which helps you in some places where the spin dash can't.You might say you could just jump before you begin to roll back down a hill, but often you will jump away from the hill and when you land you will have momentum going down making it harder to stop.

Basicly, with spin dash you need to rely on the momentum created from takeoff.Where with Super Peel Out, you have full running speed instantly.

15. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Wow, you don't know how to type, AND you couldn't even spell "discussion".

16. Zycor

Zycor

Beats me.
    my stupidity reigns supreme

17. M.C.

M.C.

Been here since Oct. 19 2003 Member
    TX
    Can't argue with that.

18. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    All I can say is wow.

19. BtCE

BtCE

I... I... what... the... fuck?

20. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Don't think he's gonna last past the trial...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.