Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I just want Ken Balough to swear to us that there will be absolutely no mentions of Sonic 4 anywhere in this remake. Please make it happen.

2. Titan

Titan

UK
    Ok, it seems it's more of a figurative 'detour' then, I'm okay with that. As I said it makes sense to promote a re-release of Metal Sonic's original appearance if he's appearing in S4 Ep 2.

3. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    So then when does the 'future' in Sonic CD occur :psyduck:
    Personally I think the timelines of the games are to some degree just thrown together as it isn't reallly all that important.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So we're seriously arguing when Sonic CD falls on the official time line? Really?

Where's that Robotnik "Who cares" video when you need it? Anyway I think its kind of clever, since in many ways they're right, Sonic CD never really did fall anywhere on the time line.

Oh here we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAMZjv1UZuU

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    My feelings exactly.

6. I'm kind of hoping the iPhone/iPad version will have support for the iCade, which will then in turn, have support for the iControlPad.

Also, since when do Sonic games reference what order they go in, other than the year they were released and the number tagged at the end?

7. I agree with the fact that they used that trailer to show the game that the events of S4:Ep 2 is based off of.

No continuity is broken by this, because it is just "showing" what happened...they aren't trying to change the game's place in the canon. They just want to show the newer generation why this game is considered one of the best in the series along with showing Metal Sonic's first real appearance. Also, people have been asking for this game's rerelease for a long time, and now Sega realized this would be the best time to get the hype train on Ep 2 rolling again, and what better way to do that than to give the fans the game they have wanted for a while? It only makes sense.

Also I agree that Ken is wayyy better at this PR thing than Patrick. Patrick confused and angered us while Ken made everything clear. Good on you, Ken!

8. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I always know I can count on you guys to make mountains out of molehills.

Again, personally I never even registered Sonic CD as necessarily having a place in the sequential order of the series, and even if it did, I'd find it hard to care.

9. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I certainly hope the Android version will support custom key mapping, that would be a blessing for us Android users with single-touch devices.

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Well, it is kind of annoying. Not only are they forcibly tying one of "the most beloved Sonic games" to their mediocre retro revival, but it drives home the subtle message that despite Sonic 4 technically being its sequel, Sonic 3 no longer matters.

It's another rung on the ladder of "Then why the hell did you call it Sonic 4?"

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yay, the Sonic CD classic shuffled up Sonic 4's ass!

A huge piece of my childhood (mainly the 1993 years) has been raped by Sega at this very day. Sonic CD was one of the greatest Sonic games I have ever played, countless of hours, finding secrets after secrets! It was, but not anymore. That's what happens when giving something precious that you love to untrusty hands. They will mangrip and rape it, and throw it into your face.

It doesn't matter if you say it is the greatest game of all time. Once mixed with Sonic 4 (the game that made so much sense and gave you so much pleasure!), it is forever raped. Sonic 4 was never supposed to happen, and now Sonic CD was never supposed to happen either. It is logic.

Of course, there is still time to change this. You all have a voice, so make it loud, and into SoA's ears.

Sega pretty please, just release Sonic CD as it is. Don't mention the word Sonic 4 in it.

Take it from the core fan of Sonic CD. Take it from children who grew up with Sonic CD! We were in love with the game! We thought about it every sinlge minute of our time. We lived with it! Please Sega, don't mention Sonic 4 in the new Sonic CD release!

12. Sun

Sun

Why does it matter where Sonic CD takes place in the timeline, or that it must take place in between S1 and S2? Was it ever actually stated that SCD took place in between S1 and S2, or did everyone just make that up because it uses the Sonic 1 sprite, and the belief was developed before Sonic 2, but was delayed stuff(they were actually developed separately, I think). Considering how everything is more high tech looking in SCD compared to S1 and S2, having SCD after S3&K makes perfect sense. DO you really think Eggman would use the clunky Silver Sonic in Metal Sonic's place?

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I feel like Sonic CD *MUST* take place between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, for one reason alone: moveset.

He doesn't know how to insta-shield yet, so it has to be before Sonic 3, but he DOES know spindash, so it has to be after Sonic 1. What puts it before Sonic 2 is that he's not good at the spindash yet, perhaps because he's not had as much practice; thus the time it takes to charge up. It could also be argued that he in fact knows the Super Peel-out in Sonic 2 and later, but chooses not to use it because its advantages simply don't hold up against a properly-mastered spindash.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Does the fact there placing Sonic CD before Sonic 4 Ep II really change the game at all? Seriously it's the same game it was 3 days ago. Oh no it's not in between Sonic 1 and 2 anymore the world is ending. Seriously. Think hard about this now and you'll realize that it doesn't matter at all.

15. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Maybe when they do Sonic 4 Episode 3 (if they get that far) and introduce Knuckles they'll re-release Knuckles Chaotix and do it all over again!

16. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    By that logic, Sonic 4 must come before Sonic 3 since he doesn't know the instashield, but it must also come after Sonic 3 since he knows the homing attack.

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Unless you think of the homing attack as an evolved form of the instashield; it does serve a similar purpose.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Because Metal Sonic ran into a wall?

19. Machenstein

Machenstein

The worst Sega can do is throw in a hidden ad for Sonic 4 Episode 2 not unlike the hidden art in the original Sonic CD. I doubt Sega will go far enough to change the story or alter the ending to uniform Sonic CD with Sonic 4. The game itself is largely going to stay the same as it was, save for the new optimized features.

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'm trying to decide if you're being serious or parodying the overreaction in here, because there's no way them using a good game to promote a not-so-good game is anywhere near as awful as you're trying to make it sound. The worst you'll get is maybe a reference to it in the help menu. They're not going to drastically alter the game to shoehorn Sonic 4 references everywhere, honestly.