don't click here

Sonic CD Music Location

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by wazkatango, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A bazillion years ago, I bought the NA PC version of Sonic CD, and I decided to boot it up and play it again. I really enjoy the high quality music on it, and therefore don't like listening to it on Youtube. Is there some way I can rip the music from the CD itself?
    Also, does the JP/EU PC version have the same high quality music in it, and can someone direct me to a link that has it if it does?

2. Dr. Mustache

Dr. Mustache

Likes Sloths Member
  3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    You can download both soundtracks from The Sonic the Hedgehog OSV Project.

US Soundtrack:
    Sonic CD for Windows 95 OST

JP/EU Soundtrack:
    <a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic CD OST (Japan & PAL regions)" target="_blank" style="background: url(http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/50/Reticon.png) right no-repeat; padding-right: 20px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Sonic CD OST (Japan & PAL regions)</a>

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Alternately, you can rip the music files straight from your CD if you still have it. Just use whatever Media Player you use and the tracks should be there.

5. Great, thanks. I'm still a little curious though, I've searched the entire CD for MP3/WAV files, and couldn't find any. Are they stored as an ISO or something? (Is there some way to view the correct files if it is stored in some other way?)

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    They're stored as CDDA audio, exactly like any other audio CD.
    As per the old mixed mode, "song 1" is the data track, and the actual songs are from 2 onwards, you can play them from a normal CD player if you want.

7. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    And as per the old mixed mode, some games consoles will refuse to read the CD because it recognises a data track first. But I'm sure you have a PC or a normal CD player, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.