don't click here

Sonic CD - Metallic Madness act 2, past

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ultima, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    I've been playing Sonic CD a fair amount recently, and I've been reminded of something that I've never worked out.. is it possible to finish Metallic Madness act 2 in the past, from start to finish, without going back to the present/future, and how is it done?

I've explored every possible area as far as I know, and the only way I can see to get through it is where you have the moving red spring, followed by the wall mounted spring. By hitting that wall mounted spring, you can very nearly get onto a platform, but you can't quite make it (it's actually about 8 pixels out, at least). I tried to get onto that platform for 20 minutes (2 time overs) today and it's impossible, unless there's some special technique that I'm missing.

That is the right way to go, isn't it? and I'm assuming its meant to be possible to get through the whole act in the past?

2. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Isn't it act 2 where you have to become Mini Sonic?

3. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Yes, that is the correct path. If you use debug to get onto the platform the level continues normally.

Its just that the spring doesn't reach. They must have placed it wrong it seems.

4. NickW

NickW

Yes, it is possible.

There is one place that looks like a dead end (It is in the lower part of the level). But there is a collapsing floor that allows you to continue on with the level.

I hope that's right.

EDIT: It's near where the capsule is in the past.

5. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    The collapsing floor only leads to the area I'm at now, and I was there before =/

6. re-inferno

re-inferno

I have tried that for ages - it's not possible, and there is no other way around this, if I remember right.
    The ledge on the left is quite a bit lower in the other time zones and it doesn't even need a well placed jump on the spring to reach the other end there.

7. Robjoe

Robjoe

I've been mucking around in there, and I'm starting to think it's impossible. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever really played MMZ2 Past. I keep finding all these cool areas in it I've never seen before. Thanks for making me play it, at least. XD

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    How wierd, there's something that makes the noise of a collapsing floor near the bottom-left dead end... But seemingly does nothing and only happens once. I wonder if it changes something else in the level, Labyrinth-style.

9. NickW

NickW

I probably missed that, I only went to that area using debug. I could have sworn I completed it though. Well, I'll try later.

10. Ultima

Ultima

London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    If you get any results, keep me informed =P

11. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Where is MS? Never found him in there.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It wouldn't surprise me if they just "forgot" to make the path completable, since the game seemed pretty rushed in general. That, or it's an intentional design, in which case, you're not SUPPOSED to be able to get through in the past. Though, you mentioned later paths still being there, so it's hard to say for sure...

Pretty interesting nonetheless. I'll be keeping track of any further developments you guys make. =P

13. Kampfer

Kampfer

Maybe because you killed him in the Zone before?

14. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    THIS IS HOW YOU BEAT METALLIC MADNESS ZONE 2 PAST VERSION.

In all honesty, I had no idea of this bug. I just decided to start fooling around like I always do and, before you know it, I was inside the wall.

Basically what you do is start up a dash on top of the piston, and not let go until you're on the other side of the wall, using only left and right to maneuver through the air.

15. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I didn't know that one. Gotta try this myself when I get round to it.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Amazing.... So it can be finished, after all.

17. NickW

NickW

Now it makes me wonder if they put that glitch there intentionally, and purposely made it so you couldn't use the obvious path. I would say they probably didn't though.

18. Vangar

Vangar

I seriously doubt it. Pretty slack that they never made that act completable in the past.

19. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Sonic CD had so many levels, and they were on a deadline.

OH HOW IN THE WORD COULD THEY HAVE NOT SPOTTED A SLIGHTLY MISPLACED OBJECT IN A SINGLE TIME ZONE!?

20. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I've beaten Metallic Madness Act 2 in the Past, before. It took me several tries and many many months to pull it off, but I was finally able to do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.