don't click here

Sonic CD hack?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Black Squirrel, Jan 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I had an idea yesterday, and have mentioned it in a few topics. Is it possible to do a Sonic CD hack? I was thinking of putting the beta levels of Sonic 1 & 2 into it, but I'm not really that good at rom hacking.

I was kinda thinking:

Palmtree Panic: GHZ Alpha (good future can be GHZ from Sonic 1 final)
    Collision Chaos: Sparkling Zone
    Tidal Tempest: Wood Zone
    Quatz Quadrant: Hidden Palace
    Wacky Workbench: Genocide City Zone (Present CPZ, BF GCZ)
    Metallic Madness: Clock Ork Zone ;)

Can somebody try to make this hack and give me 10% of the credit? <_<

2. it is possable to do a hack of sonic cd as I have a 4-09-93 beta hack (I donno if anyone else knows of this) that has "Mercury Mine" as the R2 level that's missing in all the others there was no credit to the hack so I cant say who done it but I am guessing it can be done

3. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    Well, if you are going to get someone else to do the hack, remind them to put R2 as DHZ. Good luck, person who is doing the hack!

4. Neo Majin

Neo Majin

New England / Virginia
    Very little thanks to poor computer access
    Hacking any game is possible... I think Sonic CD might be harder, though, because ISOs are big collections of files, not just one file.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Requesting hacks like these is as useless as demanding credit for them if you weren't involved.

Do you honestly think anybody is going to make a full hack of the largest 16-Bit Sonic game, porting stages from other games with different formats, making a whole new game, just because you say so? And then demanding credit for it?

Let's be a little realistic, shall we?

6. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    What's with this trend of asking people to make hacks for them? Silly people. :D

7. Vangar

Vangar

I think it could be done SO easily! Ya just need SONED. I have the freeware version, but the newer ones have compatability for sonic CD pc! If someone gave me a link or something to SONED newer version I could do it! (take mockup screens, flash MX, Soned new version, Sonic 2 BETA and sonic CD pc and jam them together!) :D

Just one thing, I get all the credit! :(

8. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    What do you mean?

9. Chronix

Chronix

I was wondering the same thing myself.

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Make Sonic 4 and put me in the credits. Thx.

11. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    Put me in the credits for no reason at all :( !

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Hey the I want someone to do the hack because 1. I suck at hacking. 2. Because I would probably give up after a while and 3. Because there are loads of people who are quite happy to do a hack for no reason at all. :lol:

Also: NOBODY GETS ALL THE CREDIT! It's my idea, someone else may make it so they get credit too,Tails just because they want to be credited and Sonic Team for the origional game!

OK it might be a stupid idea, but I think Sonic CD is pointless without dust hill and we would all really like to see a hack with beta levels stuck in just for the sake of it.

Also anyone who doesn't like it why bother to reply in this topic? :blink:

Edit: Has anyone said they were gonna make it? :(

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    No, and I don't think anybody will...
    We just wanted to inform you about how things work when dealing with human beings.

14. Neo Majin

Neo Majin

New England / Virginia
    Very little thanks to poor computer access
    Yeah, I mean, all those other zones are useless! A desert zone that I've only seen one screen of is the only way to add any sort of a point to that game.

15. Vangar

Vangar

I said I would try to do it if someone gave me a link or something to a new SONED. I would give credit to anyone who helped. Has anyone got the new SONED? :huh:

16. Vangar

Vangar

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    AGH

I posted in the wrong topic, nm.

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    WOW I didn't think this topic would get anywhere! Normally I post a topic and people tell me that "that's already been noticed" or "what the hell are you talking about?"...

I'd really like someone to make it but since there has been a consistant number of reasons why people don't want people to make it I'll probably just forget about it. (Reply within if you're gonna make the hack for me! :) )

19. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    One question, why would people make a hack for you when they could make it for themselves with all the freedom, PLUS they could rightfully claim all the credit?

It's like me asking you to make an absolute accurate AutoCAD model of the Statue of Liberty for me, and you'll have to give ME 10% credit.

Sorry, the whole thing really sounds THIS ridiculous...

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I feel so guilty now...

not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.