don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I get the feeling BRB won't BRB any time soon.

+ - whee, bad pun  

2. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    How the heck did somebody find the test level??

3. Faseeh

Faseeh

I don't think it's a test level per se. It's just textureless blocks hanging in the sky as can be seen in this image.

About the whole Sonic and cool thing, well I had a conversation with a friend a few days back who thinks Mario is cooler than Sonic in reality because Sonic is all showy but Mario is a silent hero and in real life if two people were to exist like that, people would feel Mario is a lot cooler. Of course they're both not real people so :V

I'm cool with cute or cool Sonic, but Modern Sonic or Boom!Sonic (as of the cartoon) really don't bother me.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Let me just up that image here:
    [​IMG]

But now that I re-look at the image:
    [​IMG]

It does look like its above a level now.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    This game is the gag gift that keeps on giving. I have trouble pulling off the Knuckles jump glitch though. My timing needs work as after five or six extra jumps I slam into the ground. Part of me wishes this game had falling damage and other questionable design choices from platformers past, just to see what the fallout of that would have been.

6. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    No way, lol that's pretty cool.

In a- broken sonic/glitchy mess kinda way....

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Even if you get it wrong and start hurtling to the ground, hit pause and the special attack will be canceled, allowing you to jump again.

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Game Grumps have continued their playthrough, also they found out about the Knuckles jump glitch exploit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJyiWoe3bUg

9. It seems my OVA dubover has a surprisingly high amount of views considering it was something I quickly rushed together, so I made a follow-up video here, this time using Billy Hatcher;

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiQl251mgVs[/media]

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    This is wonderful - can it actually be seen in normal gameplay at any point? I'm guessing not but I guess you can't take anything for granted with this one.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Seems that this level may have been a testing level at some point considering all these testing blocks in the sky we keep finding:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Of course. Not to mention that different people representing different sites provided all the reviews, judging the games by different standards and for different reasons. The essence is basically that Boom has received a universal slaughtering by critics, with lukewarm reception at best in a minority of cases.

15. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
  16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

As above, that's what the data in the most basic interpretation says. Common sense obviously dictates that loads of other factors need to be brought into the equation. What is boils down to is overwhelmingly negative reception of Boom.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Omg. Test level blocks are still in the final build.

This is the least finished commercial game I've ever paid attention to.

18. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I kinda want to rent this game to fuck about with it. I didn't even wanna do that with S'06. :v:

19. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I saw some of the positive user reviews on Metacritic, AND I AM CRINGING. It's Shrek meme levels of excessive praise. "I was on the brink of suicide", it's one thing to mark up the game a higher score than it deserves as damage control, but that? A huge insult to real people suffering with legitimate suicidal thoughts. You would think a troll grinning from ear-to-ear was writing that for giggles, not a fanboy running on pure faith.

Is it normal to have confused laughter? I'd sooner believe Sonic 06 helped save somebody, because at least that game had some of the most soothing music ever. Boom is a never-ending train wreck in so many ways.

20. Wow. I genuinely didn't think this Game would feature Test Levels / Objects in the Gold Release but this is crazy.

Then again, I suppose in some sense if you're not looking for it or Knuckles Glitching, you may not see it? Or has someone been able to spot the objects in the air from Ground level?