don't click here

Sonic Bobbleheads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MegaDash, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    So, I was looking around for Penny Arcade's SA2 comic and stumbled upon these <a href="http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?company=Funko&theme=Sonic+the+Hedgehog&searchorder=com" target="_blank">wacky bobbleheads</a> made by Funko. I don't know why I've never seen them before, but apparently Funko's the only one that ever made such trinkets.

I was only able to find the Sonic bobblehead on the official website, but entertainmentearth.com has Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Here's a sample photo from elsewhere; the on-site images seem to be un-embeddable:

[​IMG]

These guys are adorable. I think the first one I'd buy would be Tails. Which one do you want?

2. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Legs are a tad too long, but other than that, they look good...

3. Oh God, Sonic looks weird with a neck.

4. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    So when Sega said that merchandising would be an integral part of their Sonic plan for this anniversary, this is what they meant. Whoring out the franchise in various ways and collectable editions as well as alternate covers of comics. What next? A marketing campaign with Mountain Dew?

5. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

I'd buy it. And would regret nothing.

Oh, and the bobbleheads are neat, I guess.

6. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Knuckles is the only one that looks good, not crazy about the way Sonic or Tails look.

7. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    This isn't new.

Sonic's been whoring himself for a while now. Mostly just in clothing and stuff you usually see at Hot Topic, though now we're seeing Sonic Snuggies and chess sets.

8. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Then he's being whored out more oft than usual then. Still, they normally don't push Sonic in our face like they are this year.

What the hell are they up to? Whatever it is, it better be damn good.

9. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Maybe they're trying to give Sonic Mario-like status again?

10. I'd buy a Sonic chess set. Or a figure.

But not one of these bobbleheads, because

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Knuckles looks good, sonic looks a bit odd with his legs so close together, long and with a visible neck, tails is full herp derp

12. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    What did you expect when then mentioned "merchandising"? Glorious 18-inch glowing statues of classic Sonic characters and badniks with Megadrive sound effects? It's merchandising. They're fucking bobbleheads and they're pretty cute.

13. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    There's been lots of Sonic-merch around lately, and evidently it sells well. I just bought a blue Sonic shirt akin to those Sesame Street shirts and hats, it's pretty nice and it's classic Sonic too. I'm not complaining, I love seeing Sonic's face everywhere, especially old-school Sonic.

14. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Goddamn, you guys can't appreciate that it's a silly little bobblehead set. They're fucking bobbleheads, not meant to be some beautiful 12" on model maquette. Can't we have some toys where the characters are the wrong colors or off model every once in a while?

15. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Brofist. That's what I've been saying. And as far as cheap merch goes, this is down-right high quality stuff. I'm serious, they look beautiful.

16. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I wouldn't go so far as to call them "beautiful", but I like them. I'd probably get the Knuckles one, and perhaps the Tails one. They'd at least look good with my other Sonic stuff.

17. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    Where is the Eggman bobble-belly? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.