don't click here

Sonic Adventure Music Experience UK - 8th Dec 2019

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sir_mihael, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Nova

Nova

I don't know why you are expecting SA1 proto stuff to be shown at a semi-official SEGA concert with hastily-recorded gameplay footage on a projector but you may want to temper those expectations.

Write-up will be getting started tonight, hopefully done if I can power through it.

Thanks everyone for making it such a memorable weekend - the Barcade was fantastic despite being a comparatively shorter affair than normal and it was great to see some new faces. Hope to see you make it to some of the more regular ones!

2. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    There were some rare proto-SA1 stuff shown at an even one or two years ago IIRC.
    I'm at work now so I don't have access to them.

Edit : they're on the Wiki. They were shown at the Sonic Adventure Music Experience.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Nova

Nova

Well I'll shut my fucking mouth then

4. RDNexus

RDNexus

That's the kind of stuff people like me are hoping they manage to come out someday.

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I'm surprised they weren't added to that Cook&Becker Sonic book or even published on Twitter or anything. I mean, surely Sega knows we're after any juicy bit of information about prototypes.

6. Nova

Nova

7. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Oh fuck. Now here's me thinking I should have proofread what I wrote another 600 times... Either way, glad I could offer my input!

8. Nova

Nova

I did that for you - though judging from how many edits I had to make to my own part in this, you may wish to give it a quick once over, ahaha.

9. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Nice write-up. My personal favourite was Chaos 6. I bet you don't wanna hear it, but I was there, too. I sat in front of Henry’s Bar, but was too shy to go inside. I sat there for about an hour and then left for the venue.

xD

10. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Hey, I was there too! Along with a large group of Spaniards, we were front row at the show and the queue. I was wondering if I saw any of you there, but didn't recognice anyone. Sorry!

11. Nova

Nova

Don't be shy! We're all as awkward and weird as you probably think you are, and we're always welcoming to new faces. Show up to a Barcade sometime. :thumbsup:

Ash, you should have said! Would have been nice to have met you.

12. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Hold the phone. A bell's ringing inside my head- I think you might have been just in front of me at the meet and greet!

junparadise.jpg

Plenty of times on that day and after I realised I was in the presence of more Retro members and didn't realise! :V

13. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Yes, that was me! I had a breakdown as soon as I was in front of Senoue: his music is so important for me ( like many other people here, I guess) and I was too nervous, almost cried ( did outside anyways hahaha). Sorry for making the queue go slower!

14. Nova

Nova

Not only did Jun RT/like my tweet about the write-up, he PMd me this morning to kindly offer a few corrections to the setlist I wrote. Literally can't believe one of my heroes read my work. Bless up Retro

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    We in there!

16. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Oh naw you were fine! There was so much time to kill between that event and the gig. It was just nice seeing Jun get along so well with everyone.
    Next event you're around we'll do our best to say hi and get a big group going. :V