don't click here

Sonic 4 Episode 2 Wish List

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by XCubed, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    As we all know by now Metal Sonic will have a presence in Episode 2 based on the ending of Episode 1. We also know that the first episode was heavily based upon cues from Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 (for the sake of discussion, I'm not including Bubbles from Sonic 3). It just hit me that we could very well be treated to a "true" Sonic CD like sequel as an homage in a similar fashion to episode 1. We are guaranteed to receive a new set of zones, special stages, and enemies, but could there be more? It would be interesting to bring back time travel as an essential element of gameplay. Most importantly, it wouldn't be a true homage without a race against Metal Sonic once more. Until a few hours ago, I truly did not have any expectations of this episode, but I think it would be the perfect segway to blend old and new but this time really go all out for an homage of one of the best games in the series.

As far as the next episode(s), I'm sure S3&K will have a larger presence as well, but with more original material....hopefully. Paying homage to a series is wonderful and all, but I know we have also been hungry for something more substantial.

2. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    A better game engine.

and original zones that don't play themselves.

and more of them.

4. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Multiplayer
    ghost/staff ghost
    time attack being the default, NOT SCORE ATTACK THIS PISSED ME OFF GODDAMN WTF
    Level editor/source leak
    decent engine
    etc.

5. Before episode 1 was revealed I had lots of dreams and hopes (classic Sonic, etc, etc), but for Episode 2 I only ask this: Proper physics and level layouts. Nothing more.

6. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    That it won't be made.

Seriously, at this point starting over from scratch would be a better idea than trying to resuscitate the heap that is Sonic 4.

7. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    -That episode 1 is actually a virtual reality training machine for Metal Sonic, now hes ready to kick ass and be the real sonic.

-Sonic is like "Wait a minute, eggman used the same old tricks again? Odd..." and then Metal Sonic's like "Prepare for trouble!" and captures sonic in a Speed Ball.
    And now sonic is in a virtual zone, struggling to escape, meanwhile tails and knuckles are like "Its quiet..." and the go save sonic. And sonic's gameplay is a virtual zone with shitty physics and 3D shit, while tails and knuckles go to eggman's base to save sonic.

That would be awesome...

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I wish there to be no other playable character than Sonic. I know so many requests from kids have been made all over the internet to add Tails or whatever character into Episode 2. I fear that Sonic Team will take that as the next step instead of improving the game design over Episode 1.

I like to be bold about one thing here. We all know Sega (especially the ones who visits us here) and how good they are, and how well they listen to us, and understand us. But there is still "someone" who ignores us! A division within Sega that calls the shots, I think that someone is extremely bad for Sonic's future, and he must be replaced. Sorry if I upset some people here. It needs to be said out loud. Dimps are taking enough punishment, but they are still not the ones calling the shots.

9. ExtendedAffinity

ExtendedAffinity

Not much to say really that hasn't already been said better before.

Physics that aren't awful. Better stage layouts. Less plasticy and artificial feel to the levels. Basically I want a Sonic 4. It shouldn't be too much to expect from a game called Sonic 4.

Also Tails. But only after Sonic 4 actually exists in a Sonic 4-y way.

10. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I'd like for Ep 2 to improve on:

Physics
    Better Soundtrack
    NO CHEAP DEATHS
    more original levels
    better bosses

11. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Throwing "better soundtrack" or "better bosses" like that isn't gonna help the least bit if you don't explain how they could be better according to you.
    If you guys are going to make a wish list, write at least something constructive.
    (NOTE: it's not only directed at you minichapman but to the others as well ;) )

12. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Much obliged! thanks for that!

Firstly *lights a smoke and thinks*

13. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    You mean like the new set of Zones, special stages, and enemies they gave us in Episode 1?

[​IMG][​IMG]

...owait.

14. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Episode I is supposed to be a throwback. Episode II isn't.

15. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Following on from Sonic 2, so Tails making a return and the start of the saga storyline (Assuming that it's only going to be the three episodes) That's all I'm hoping for.

16. Source on this please. And besides, it shouldn't have been a throwback. I have no problem with the idea of a throwback, in fact it's a pretty great idea, but Sonic 4 shouldn't really be a throwback, Episode 1 or not.

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Ken Balough himself said that Episode 1 is more like a prologue to re-familiarize fans with the series which is why it was more of a Sonic 1/2 Deluxe Version. You are all lying if you say you never wanted something like that (it's just that they made it a part of Sonic 4 instead). It would have been boring to have a real Sonic 1/2 HD with the same exact level layouts. Episode 2 is where the real fun will start.

18. 1) Ok. Thanks.

2)
    Awesome, I guess I'm not lying.

3) No it wouldn't. It would be pretty great. And besides, that's not what I'm imagining at all. I'm thinking 3rd and 4th Acts. But still, not in Sonic 4. Sonic 4 deserves some tasty new stuff. Dimps are pretty creative when it comes to level themes (except maybe the first zones).

4) Yeah, that certainly says a lot about Episode 1. I would have rathered they skipped that and went straight on to the "real fun".

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Sonic 4 so far has proven itself to be a misguided and lazy effort. All I can hope for with E2 is that it's of the quality it should be.

20. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Agreed. I wish the next episode is the entire, true Sonic 4 "as we truly imagined it" and have episode 1 just viewed as a prelude, throwback game.

Edit-

For future release(s), I think if they would be less likely to emphasis on in-level gimmicks if they went back to doing 2 acts per zone instead of 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.