don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    This new Stupor Sonic rocks. Now when you get all the emeralds, you can experience the S1E1 physics in Ep 2. If only we could get the Super Sonic in Ep 1 to behave like the physics in Ep 2, then the bizarre intergame insanity could be complete!

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Alternatively, Super Sonic is completely separate from Sonic as far as coding is concerned, so they have to program everyone's 'physics' individually (which sounds pretty daft from the point of view of someone with no programming know-how). Regardless, it's dumb that they didn't change it to begin with.

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Contributing to the conversation in a meaningful way would be a great addition. I raised a point, and someone else answered it. Thank you for answering Blue Blood :) I imagined that like the old games, the physics were already set, so any changes meant that it was an additional effort for each extra character added, rather than starting from the beginning every time. From what this sounds like, they've kept the old physics engine, and Sonic and Tails have both been programmed to allow classic style physics, but Super Sonic hasn't- that doesn't sound right to me at all still, it just seems odd.

I'm still wagering that Super Sonic's physics are an addition, even though clearly there are certain people here who obviously concretely know a lot more than other people :colbert: It just seems odd that Super Sonic- a character known for his wacky physics, jumping abilities, speed and manouverability- has (ODDLY!!!!) kept the old physics style, which (FUNNILY ENOUGH!!!) allowed for instant increases and decreases in speed and added manouverability on and off the ground, whilst his normal form doesn't.

So it's not like I don't have a reason for what I'm saying. Without being a bragger, I'm right a large percentage of the time when it comes to upcoming Sonic games. I'll be surprised if they do fix it, unless this causes a massive backlash in the next few days and they HAVE to when they didn't originally plan to.

4. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    I'm not defending Super Sonic's physics in any way, shape or form, but didn't he have very odd physics in Sonic 2? I remember his rolling sucking really bad in Sonic 2.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Huh, so that's what Super Sonic looks like.

With the difficulty of Special Stage 7, combined with the slight input lag from my laptop not being entirely up to snuff, I'll have to wait until the XBLA release for a fair crack at it. Nearly ripped my hair out.

6. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Seems to me Super Sonic is its own object in the engine rather than being an addition to Sonics object. So they've edited Sonic's object and added a Tails object which was a copy of Sonic's. But Super Sonic's was completely neglected and unchanged from Episode I.

Something tells me that since they forgot about it for so long that they won't get around to fix it...

7. Sonto

Sonto

and now for something completely different.
    I made a thing.

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Took me a second to realize what this was. What have you done? :(

9. dsrb

dsrb

That hurts.

10. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    The same thing that I did a few pages back: We added Cats of the Deceased Variety to the mix.

11. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I know, but...

12. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Sonto....

OH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN!

In all reality, it doesn't sound all too bad. It proves that something decent can come out of those voices.

So is a Sonic 4x2/4-2 in the works?

13. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaIoqUkNhZE[/youtube]

Thought id post this here in light of the recent developments with Sonic 4 Ep2. Have done a SNES rendition of the Oil Desert Act 2 theme, using instruments from various games.

I feel that even though we've seen the beta of the game, I don't think it will be that different to how it will be in its final state, I hope the physics are better this time though...

14. KeebeeNacho

KeebeeNacho

WORM BAGGED Member
    USA
    I'm drawing something, not that you'll ever see it.
    I'm not going to lie, I love this, even with all the meowing going on.

A catchy tune is a catchy tune, [obnoxious synths that somewhat sound like a feline in the process of passing away] be damned.

15. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    not gonna lie, I just played through the game and I can say I was actually pretty impressed. Major improvement from that pile of shit episode 1.

16. So, you could collect the seven Chaos Emeralds in Episode 1, and you can collect the seven Chaos Emeralds in Episode 2, is there any real reason to this? I mean, are they supposed to be the same set of emeralds, and Sonic just threw them away halfway through his journey? I know this version is all just beta stuff, so I'm really hoping we see a Hyper Sonic comeback in the final version.

Also, considering a mostly finished beta got leaked out so badly, you don't suppose that Sega's going to put more effort into the finished one to give people an actual reason to buy the full game when it comes out? I mean, if the finished version of the game is released and nothing worthwhile gets changed, then I'd rather just keep the beta version as it is for free. Personally, if I were them, I'd take full advantage of the leaked beta. There's what's probably the biggest advertisement for the game already out there, and people who managed to snag it while it was up are naturally going to take videos to show everybody, which is even more free advertisement. Start cramming in all sorts of awesome new stuff, such as Hyper Sonic, some sort of Doomsday-esque secret area, etc., and if needed, just delay the game a few months to do it. The game gets all sorts of new things to attract buyers, and consumers can't really complain considering we're getting a preview version for free.

17. The same thing happened in Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles (but Sonic 3 & Knuckles fixed this one), and every other game since then.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Well, the Emeralds aren't part of the story in either episode, so you can just ignore them really. Like in Colours.

19. corneliab

corneliab

You did a great job on this. I especially like how you managed to flip that notorious intro into something good.

It would be neat to see you do some more Episode II arrangements in this style.

20. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion

I think out of the 16-bit remixes I've done, this is the best so far.