don't click here

Sonic 2: Advanced Edit Release 3 beta

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    :(

2. Like all your other releases, this is absolutely amazing, and it's a shame it probably won't be worked on too much anymore.

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, I just thought that the first level lacked a good flow to it.

4. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Yah.. I didn't know any better way to decide >.< This time will be easier because I have mustapha to help me ^^

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Music sucks.

Game is pretty.

Layouts are just okay.

Tails is annoying.

6. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    LIES. This game is made of pure win.

Level art is stunning.

Music justly fits the level themes.

Tails has always been annoying, though.

7. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I agree with chimpo. I thought I remembered the first level having different music before, the song right now doesn't fit the atmosphere at all. And the layouts really have too many death pits. I had to keep myself steadied constantly being weary of if I can make it ahead without falling to the bottom of the screen. Of course I've yet to see a hack that really has great layouts, so it's not anything I can say matters much right now.

Al of that said, I still wish this were in development. I really liked how Dust Hill looked redone too, it seemed like it had potential and coulda been more innovative that just the 100th Desert level in a Sonic 2 hack. That Purple-ish level though(I don't remember the name) with the crystals is pretty flat and bland, probably the worst level there.

And man, a lot of you guys really do get faggy over a simple hack. Who the hells sheds tears, I already saw these levels in action on youtube long ago. Where were you guys? :p

8. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    ...​
    ...​
    ...​
    This hack is amazing. Words cannot express it's awesomeness. Not even these ones.

9. Shade

Shade

As far as criticisms go, I'll say that I didn't find the music very good, nor fitting (the first level is the worst offender), outside of the Ice stage and perhaps the boss music. The level design admittedly also took a bit of a dip after the phenomenal first level. Everything else is aces though. I'm doing my best to push it out of my head that this won't be worked on further.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I know it sucks. Why do you think I released and discontinued it?

11. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Uh... this?

12. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    *facepalms hard*

13. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Well, that too! :P

I've been unhappy with the quality of my hack for a long time and I guess it's got to me.

14. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    It's sad to see this hack discontinued, as it was one of my favourites. Being a fan of Sonic Chaos myself, I absolutely love the graphics (except for the fucking ugly Sonic sprite), and while I agree that the music doesn't fit very well the level design is not bad at all. Not perfect, but good. And <3 at the beginning of Neo Gigalopolis 2 being a carbon copy of the original Gigalopolis Act 2.
    Anyway, yeah. I dare Cinossu and Thorn discontinue their hacks as well! Sonic One and now Advanced Edit already fell, why do all the promising things get cancelled? D:

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    This hack is just fantastic, the level art is just made of fucking win along with the level design, music & the objects that were added, it's a shame that AE's discontinued but this release of what I call "The best Sonic art hack" was amazing.

16. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Another of my favorite hacks discontinued, first Megamix (I didn't posted on Megamix topic, because would just be another post.) and now Sonic 2 Advanced Edit. I'm really happy to play a new version and I loved the Neo Gigalopolis Zone, because it was my favorite level in Sonic Chaos on Master System, was great to see it with Mega Drive graphics!

Rika, everything was extremely done well, maybe you think it sucks because you who did it and it gets old - maybe, the same case with me and Sonic Gaiden (but I still planning to return to work on it in... 2 or 3 years.. =P)

Maybe, the only thing that bugged me, was because only 3 levels were completable. On the release 2 had more levels playable without cheats. But still a great job, the hack evolved a lot.

Good luck with Sonic 4 project! =)

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

I just finished playing release 3, and all I have to say that it was one of the greatest hacks I have ever played. Thank you, for making this hack such an awesome experience. :( By the way, is there a "Sonic 4 Project" topic anywhere? I have searched the site but I can not find any information on it. I would like to see what it looks like so far. Could someone please direct me to the topic if there is one?

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time. I guess it had to come sooner or later... It's been great fun and all, but I just don't feel "it" anymore. I guess I need someone stable, someone I can depend on to provide and not frivolously jump at any easy occasion with a blonde bimbo.

So I guess this is it... I'm leaving you. Please don't PM or e-mail me for some time. Please don't ask me to be "friends" with you... I think it's best for both of us that we avoid this kind of awkwardness.

19. Rika, I see you removed the springs' collision, think you can help me do that aswell? I haven't found a way to do that..
    (Few other things you got that I haven't been able to do, PM me if you want to help with those :( )

Yes, this hack is pure win =P.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Your hack doesn't suck, but jesus christ you're an idiot. How can you just blatantly ignore how much people enjoy this? It's flabbergasting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.