don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    lol, indeed. Although I'd give Mighty the super peel out move. It might not fit, but Mighty doesn't seem to have a move of his own.

2. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Would it be possible to give Mighty his wall-kick ability from Knuckles' Chaotix?

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yes; This is something I plan on implementing eventually.

4. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Maybe instead of sonic dashing across the screen when you double jump you could give him the Super Peel Out ;) I do like the fact you can jump and dash onto an enemy though that is class.

The music changes are really good too! I like them.

DJ

5. Vangar

Vangar

Too late! Simon's sent flying way off the board for good!

... :P

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    So, I finally got in a new twist, thanks to StephenUK for the heads up on how to make the monitor breakable and jman for telling me what was wrong with my code.

Pretty much, when you're fast enough ($A00 speed or higher, AKA when you have the peel-out animation on while running), any monitor you run into will break on contact. Pretty cool, huh? =P

7. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    One of my concepts = down the drain. =P Oh well, never got it working anyway.

So, you're still adding technical bits to this? Sweet.

8. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    This sounds amazing Tweaker! I cant wait to play this once you have done the super peel out and monitor breaker!

DJ

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wow, that Sonic object is getting better and better...

10. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    It probably has more additions than a Sega Genesis/Megadrive. Fortunately, these additions seem to be far more popular.

11. stuntmaster

stuntmaster

Southampton
    Learning the whole Sonic hacking thing, Im gettin there Slowly....
    This is awsome I re-downloaded and got your bugfix version, its running nicely on my XBOX hehe, ahh the joys of playing with a joypad.

had to zip up the .bin file to make it work on my xbox but its fine!

anyways apart from the peelout and wallkick, you got any other goodly ideas for this?

12. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    It seems that, whenever killing the Caterkillers as Shadow (and possibly others), the only way to do it without getting hit is with the homing attack.

Aside from that, I love the abilities... you should collaborate with some people if you can, to put all your abilities with Tails and Knuckles in a future release.

As for the layouts... the current GHZ isn't all that great. I'm sure you've got some good stuff in store for future releases, though.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    A small update... I added actual music for the speed shoes, like in Sonic CD. It fits the theme well, and does its job. The music transition is just like that with the Invincibility, so everything flows well enough. =P

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    D: How could you do that? I loved listening to Star Light Zone Act 2 (Forget the name... some Michael Jackson song) fast. NOES!!!! I suppose it's alright though. Good to finally see an update Tweaker.

15. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    That would be Smooth Criminal by Michael Jackson ported to Sonic 1 by tweaker ;) its brilliant! I think Sonic 1 Megamix is one of the best hacks I've ever played along with Sonic 2 Long Version.

DJ

16. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Ah, yes. Good. I never did like the fact the music sped up. It's a lot like Adventure, or CD.

And would this be that refresher you were talking about yesterday?

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I suppose it is, yeah. I don't have much time to hack anymore, so it's nice when I get the chance to.

18. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I heard "Smooth Criminal". DO WANT. D:

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but this hack borrows a bug from the original Sonic 1. In the Labyrinth Zone (now Maze something), if you roll after the end sign, the game will hang up.
    Someone made a video on youtube to show this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YcNAYgs32ug

And this is a screenshot I made with Gens: [​IMG]

Other than that, awesome work.

20. Robjoe

Robjoe

Using your first post for a massive bump is terrible. However, I've never ran across that bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.