don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Had some interesting effects happen when I used Debug Mode and scrolled around. When I went back to normal, everything was back to ok

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lol ring heaven

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've seen that before too. I think it has something to do with the rising lava/floor part in Hill Top.

That would be really awesome actually.

3. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I created a Game secrets page that has the Egg Gauntlet info Game Secrets:Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2013)?. Haven't made a seperate page for it yet but I don't really have anything to add to it to make a seperate page for it.

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Looking at the map, it's impressive how there's actually a fair bit of actual level in it too, wonder if it had any obstacles or other gimmicks in between bosses. Either way, it's a shame SEGA turned it down.

Should have called it Cyber City/Genocide City, then you might have got it round them as an established level. :P

5. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Looks like Doom's 'hall of mirrors' error. Is this where there's nothing new for the engine to draw in an area, so the remains of previous frames are there instead?

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Which, assuming the background is removed when entering the earthquake area like in the original, would make much sense.

7. I'm actually wondering if Sonic CD will receive an update sometime soon. A few errors have been corrected since then (such as the order of Tails' frames) and being able to play the game with all of the character select options (Sonic and Tails, Knuckles, Knuckles and Tails) would be cool.

8. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    So which came first (chicken or (easter) egg):

Did the bitching in this thread about the pit lead to the decision to place the entrance to Hidden Palace mid-level, or was that decision made prior to the furore (and perhaps instigated by someone in the know to make sure we didn't miss it)?

9. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Hah, I was totally wondering that. Was it worth, even for a while, the thread's discussion being literally the pits? *shot*

10. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Yes, previous frames stayed on the bg. I could "move" new layers on top of previous. I first was scared my tablet crashes or something. They were only removed when I clicked on the Score part and I became Tails again instead of objects, then all the stuff went away. Similar thing I know happens on PC too, when stuff take too long to load or "not responding", then I get previous frames all over the screen :D. It was interesting though.

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Quick mock-ups of Egg Gauntlet Zone, the first one using an unmodified Sonic Crackers BG:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Remember when I said this?

:ruby:

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    #SlightlyInTheKnow

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Wait a second... If some of you guys knew about this by then, doesn't it mean that whatever NDA SEGA made had been breached already at some point? Or were the NDAs also signed by the Sonic Retro staff themselves?

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Speaking personally, I didn't know about the pit decision, so it wasn't something the staff was told. As can go pretty much anything on S2 Mobile.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    To make a long story short, what most of us know are things that are safe for us to know even under the guidelines of the NDA.

17. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Not that its related, but when I got Sonic Transformed on Xbox 360, it was before the release date and before I got my PS3 review copy. I wasn't under any NDA, but I asked SEGA what I could do in terms of content, and they told me to wait until the game came out, then I could show whatever I want.

Things come to our knowledge at different times, and while I can't say specifically who knew what about Sonic 2, its not like we want to do anything to make SEGA mad.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

BEST IN THE WORLD.

19. corneliab

corneliab

[​IMG]

20. Skyler

Skyler

Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Corneliab, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this, because before I leave in three weeks with your Hidden Palace Zone Championship, I have a lot of things I wanna get off my chest.

I don't hate you, Corneliab. I don't even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most members in the lounge. I hate… this idea… that you're the best… because you're not. I'm the best. I'm the best in the world. There's one thing you're better at than I am, and that's kissing Scarred Sun's ass. You're as good at kissing SS’ ass as Simon Wai was. I don't know if you're as good as Gene… he's a pretty good ass-kisser… always was and still is. Oops… I'm breaking the fourth wall. I am the best poster in the world. I've been the best ever since day one when I signed up for these forums, and I've been vilified and hated since that day because Slingerland saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That's right, I'm a Slingerland guy. You know who else was a Slingerland guy? Chimpo. And he split, just like I'm splittin', but the biggest difference between me and Chimpo is that I'm going to leave with the HPZ Championship.

I've grabbed so many of Sonic T. Hedgehog's imaginary gold rings that it's finally dawned on me that they're just that. They're completely imaginary. The only thing that's real is me, and the fact that day in and day out, for almost five years, I've proved to everybody on the site that I am the best on this forum, in that wiki, and even on the front page! Nobody can touch me! And yet, no matter how many times I prove it, I'm not in your lovely little fan game events, I'm not on the banner of the website, I'm barely promoted, I don't get to be in features, I'm not on any crappy stream on the Twitch TV Network, I'm not on the poster of Sonic Boom, I'm not in the Easter Egg that's produced on the top of the page. I'm not on the Sonic Show, I'm not on Sonic News Network, but the fact of the matter is I should be. And trust me, this isn't sour grapes, but the fact that “Fujimori” is in the main event of Sonic Boom next year and I'm not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight, those of you who are cheering me right now… you are just as big a part of me leaving as anyone else, because you're the ones prepping for of those fan game events right now, you're the ones that buy those Taxman ports that my name isn't in the credits of, and then at five in the morning on my Twitter, you try to shove it in my face thinking you can get an inside scoop and sell it to TSSZ because you're too lazy to get a real job.

I'm leaving with the HPZ championship on Sonic 2sday… and hell, who knows, maybe I'll go defend it in the Sonic Stadium. Maybe I'll go back to HellfireComms… Hey, NTom64, how you doing? The reason I'm leaving is you people, because after I'm gone you're still going to pour posts into these message boards. I'm just a spoke on the wheel — the wheel's gonna keep turning. And I understand that. Sonic Retro's gonna gain bandwith despite itself… it's a #2 that should be a #1… you know why it's not a #1? It's because the staff surrounds themselves with glad-handing nonsensical douchebag yes-men like David the Lurker, who's gonna tell them everything they want to hear… and I'd like to think that maybe this forum will be better after Sonic the Hedgehog is dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by the next idiotic SEGA mascot and their doofus iOS games and the rest of their stupid family of failed ideas.

Let me tell you a personal story about the Sonic Retro Staff. You know we do this whole Shark Week campai-