don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Thing is I wonder who would be flying the plane in 2PVS? Amy and Knuckles?? (eww, just no)

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I feel like Sky Chase would be omitted from any 2P mode along with Death Egg since, well, what would be the point. I mean I guess you could win for rings and points in Sky Chase but the level's automated, how would you win for time? Death Egg though would just be who can spindash faster since they get rid of the bosses in 2P mode.

3. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    This isn't even almost an unsolvable problem. Leave the bosses intact, spawn the players in separate instances of the level, and make it a race to defeat them.

4. Nova

Nova

I think we're beginning to get a bit ahead of ourselves, now. :eng101:

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Lest ye forget

[​IMG]

Preliminary stuff was found in the Simon Wai beta. And that's before special stages even existed.

6. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    If 2p Mode is being left in, then I hope the 2P Super Sonic glitch is left in as well.
    That was so awesome, especially when the monitor items were set to teleportation only. The Sonic player would rush to collect 50 rings to turn super, then the Tails player would try to use a teleporter to steal the super powers.
    Then Sonic could try and steal them back by getting another teleporter. It was like a game of Super Sonic tag!

In 2P mode the winner isn't the person who finishes first:

[​IMG]

It's based on a number of factors, such as rings and score, both of which can be competed for in Sky Chase.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Read my post again

Also I hope that I can pick which character I can play as in 2P mode like in Sonic 3. It'd be fun to race as Knuckles in 2P (or 3P?) mode.

8. Machenstein

Machenstein

I remember when I still thought that the winner was determined by who finished first, then get confused when the results screen said the other player won. Perhaps different 2P modes could be put in, one specifically for racing, another for ring count, and another for badnik bashing.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That was just a palette change, though. What date is the first prototype with a functional Super Sonic?

10. On a separate note, I know it would change the game to the point that some people here on Retro wouldn't enjoy it, but it would kind of be nice to get a full set of sprites for Super Sonic.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    You mean replace the sprites where hes just a yellow sonic? sounds like a swell idea.

Too bad Sonic Team couldn't even bother to do it now with Lost World, Its history repeating itself!! :specialed:

12. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I do not understand why these are not coming to PC. Is this some kind of cruel joke?

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    At least once a week, somebody says this again and again.

Anyway, I just noticed something. Super Sonic has the same number of jogging frames as Sonic does. Does that mean you guys went through the trouble of editing Sonic 1 sprites into Super Sonic, rather than just using the ones from Sonic 2? Cause that's pretty fuckin' awesome.

14. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    Actually it's just the same guy from before.

15. Nova

Nova

They did. I remember noticing this and thinking it was extremely impressive considering you're not even supposed to unlock Super Sonic without the level select. :V

16. Machenstein

Machenstein

I don't know if this has been asked before, but could the Taxman port of Sonic 2 be that secret third Sonic game Aaron Webber mentioned? Lost World is out, Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympics is on its way, so could there be anything else?

17. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Except it's getting ported to iOS, and the deal was Nintendo exclusivity.

18. Afro Thunder

Afro Thunder

Call Da Doctor! Member
    NS, Canada
    Trying to get outta Dr. Dre mode, and actually release an album.
    I'm pretty sure Someone at SEGA that third game was said to be Nintendo exclusive. (EDIT: Ninja'd) I highly doubt this would be the mystery game they were talking about (I'm pretty sure the fourth SSB game is the "mystery" third game, but I could be wrong).

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Nope... it's indeed a third title. It's the 2014 Sonic Game.

20. Well, it's officially November and officially time to get excited. I've been waiting for this for a long, long time. I'm pumped up-- one of my most anticipated titles is a port. That's how you know Sega has done right. I can't wait to play through this eight times like I did Sonic 1