don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It was fixed after the ios release, but before the android release.

2. I know I'm late with this, but wow, dat seventh special stage. That is amazing design right there-- I love how there's a circular loop you have to navigate before you get to the emerald, not to mention how PRECISE you have to be to get the emerald, and not fail in the 15 different ways you could fail.

I'm curious, who put this together? Or was it a collaborative effort? If you guy(s) can do this kind of creative design within the restraints of a special stage, I really hope Sega lets you do DLC or an original game one day.

3. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    If Taxman is ever commissioned for Sonic 3, he and Tiddles should really team up. Imagine the sheer quality and polish!

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I say Sonic 5 with Taxman and Retro Engine, Falk doing the score, LakeFepard and Strife tag-teaming doing level & scenario concept/design, and Hez throwing in his trademark bonuses, secrets and easter eggs. :v:

Also, I can't tell whether or not Labyrinth Zone Act 3 with Knuckles is immensely more difficult, or if I'm just not patient enough on the boss.

5. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    Maybe, as Knuckles can't jump as high as Sonic or Tails.

6. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    It is harder, well, it is on the S1K hack, but not immensely so.

7. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Creative sure, but it's also cheap as hell and as you said, you have to be VERY precise when it comes to actually getting the emerald, and if there's something the special stage controls are not is precise.

Creative is good, fair difficulty is nice but this isn't a fair special stage and should not be the norm if they decide to do stuff like this in the future.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Anyone have a video of the 7th Special Stage? YouTube keeps giving me Sonic 4 videos.

9. I agree with your points, sure, but I think they were treating this thing as an impossible scenario-- there is no seventh emerald in Sonic 1, it shouldn't exist, but goddamn, it's there, so it should be tough as balls to get. That's just my theory, and I feel like they were aiming this level as an easter egg for the Sonic faithful, since you have to activate level select, turn on the seventh emerald, and play a no save game where you get the first six emeralds before you even see the stage.

Though what do I know, I'm just guessing. :P

Jax-- I know I've seen the video somewhere. If someone else here doesn't help, I'll try to find it later tonight.

10. Truner

Truner

So, is there any way to get the save file out of the Android version? I like backing up my saves, but the file manager only shows a bin file that doesn't look like it...

Some of the stages are way too hard with Knuckles (compared to Sonic game difficulties overall) btw. Tails is a huuuuuuuuuuge cheat. Especially since he can fly and swim. I like how fast he can actually fly, btw. Never noticed that in the old games (not that I used him to fly all that much before).

Now I'm off to play Sonic Before the Sequel. :D

11. Looks like the update for Sonic 1 on Android is downloading on my device right now.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Neat, Knuckles and Tails mode use the right sprites for carrying now. Feels more like a feature than a bug now.

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Any sign of a Sonic 2's current development phase? I'm not asking for a release date, but news that it'll at least be coming around either this year or next year would be nice.

14. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    It's finally out, and on sale for 99 cents, on the Amazon app store. So now people with non-rooted Kindle Fires can get it. Seems this version has "GameCircle" achievements too.

http://www.amazon.com/Sega-of-America-Sonic-Hedgehog/dp/B00D74DVKM/

15. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Fat fingering the Android version over here. It's great, and it really makes me wish SEGA gets off their butts and has it ported to consoles or PC, since with a controller this would be all the better.

16. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I (and probably several others) would love to see a rerelease of Chaotix with Sonic and Tails readded, as well as functional loop-de-loops. Just wishful thinking on my part, though. ;_;

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Plus water, and pinball bumpers, and the completed Metal Sonic Kai boss, and a proper Good Ending cutscene, and whatever else was left over in the game unfinished. I think even after seeing Taxman's brilliance with the previous games even he may struggle to make a 'completed' Knuckles Chaotix. Only half the game was released. :P

18. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I can imagine that the water would fit in well when you change the boat height, but where would pinball bumpers fit into the existing design? A longer view distance (and without pop-in) would make the special stage more enjoyable.

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/gamingreviews/4949902/review-sonic-the-hedgehog-ios.html Ummm... this screenshot is of my GHZ 2.5D yet they are wrighting about the mobile game... what a mix up
    Anyways,,, its a kind of review for the mobile game. not sure if anyone is interested.

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    That is hilarious. Anyone should be able to tell its not normal Sonic 1 after looking at it for two seconds.