don't click here

SonEd problem

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Skaarg, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaarg

Skaarg

The tiles show up fine in game and in ESE but when I open it in SonEd the tiles get screwed up. I tried everything I could think of but I can't get it to work. Should I just transfer all my work to a clean rom, or would that not fix it?

Edit: I haven't edited any of the tiles yet.

Attached Files:

2. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    I believe it's because ESE leaves the mappings uncompressed, and SonED is till trying to read them as if they were compressed. Compatibility between SonED and ESE is near-enough nonexistant.

3. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    yep... I wish ESE would be backward compatible with sonED.

4. Kampfer

Kampfer

Get a savestae from a clean sonic 2, load it on SonEd and save the tiles. It should fix the problem.

Did that help?

5. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Would taking the savestate at the wrong time, aka title card load, be the problem? I don't know if that would be the problem or not, but you could always do what they said.

6. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    ESE doesn't do that any more.

7. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    yes

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Yeah, Hivebrain is right. Esrael made it so ESE was compatable with SonED a long time ago.

9. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Not true. Edit a release version of S2OP with SonED and it will cause levels not to load.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Not not true, this problem is not caused by SonED or ESE but is caused by something els you did to your ROM. Placing extra data at the end of the ROM can cause problems, BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.