don't click here

SonED 2?

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by SMTP, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I've been away from the hacking scene for about 2 years now and I'm wondering: Is it even possible to get SonED 2 to work with SonED 1 edited roms? (yes I've read the readme files)

Also where do I get Nemesis' split rom rejoiner?

Pretty much I've been trying to get S2SMTP rolling again but havnt got this to work yet... Any help would be appreciated!

2. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    Maybe yes.Me,I 'm open a hack of sonic 2 with soned 1(edit dispositions and pallete)and when I'm open with Soned 2,The disposition of level is away but the palette is awals here.

3. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I've figured most of it out now... If I run into any trouble I'll post it here...

@Master Blast: You should probley start with SonED 2 Port From SonED 1 is quite annoying.

4. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Ok.. I'm having some trouble.

I was told to Use the Write to File command in Soned 1 and then rename the files accordingly. I then use Build.bat to build the rom and test it. The all it does is stay at a blank screen...

Almost every time I try to insert either level layouts, 16x16 or 128x128 tiles it does the same thing...

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Make sure any new data has an even number of bytes.

6. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Ack... I forgot about that...

Ok if something has an Odd number of bytes, what would I do to fix that?

I cant just take off one byte from the end...

7. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    You can add another byte to the end. :P

8. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Or put an "even" instruction after the data in the asm.

9. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    What about just delete the last byte? It always seems to be a zero anyway...

@Hivebrain: True, that'd work. I'd have to slap one on the end of almost all the 16x16, 128x128 and layouts... :P

10. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    That byte may be necessary. I suggest going with an "align 2" directive.

11. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Ok, I have another question. (I stay in one topic :P )

I want to know how to port the Dinobot from the Beta but there is no Disassembly for the beta..

Is there a way at this time to port it?

12. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    The dinobots programing is still there but it has no art. Just look ing any decent level editor and there are objects where the dinobots should be so just transfer the art and it should work.

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    [quote name='Don't Kill me' date='Sep 2 2006, 07:39 AM']The dinobots programing is still there but it has no art. Just look ing any decent level editor and there are objects where the dinobots should be so just transfer the art and it should work.[/quote]
    Wrong, If you Place object 4F it does nothing. that's because his code is not in the game.

14. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    You could extract the programming and stuff from the beta version in hex, disassemble it, and then insert the disassembled code into the asm file. That's how I put the crocobot in my hack, but it can be a bit tedious and takes quite some time to do.

15. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    So rip the code, run it in IDA and then put it in the asm?

Sounds hard, but I'll try. =P

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    It can be quite tricky, but it's not too bad. Failing that, I could do it for you, since I want it myself. The only thing is I might not do it for about a week. It's up to you though.

17. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Well, since your going to be doing it too I might as well wait. Of course I'll try myself for awhile..

Also I don't mind when you finish it, you can take as long as you want. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.