don't click here

So..I was looking at S2's production sketches...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Zero7, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero7

Zero7

(Learning) Hack - Sonic 3 & Knuckles Music Swap
    I'm sorry if this is old/Considered 1-line theory/far-fetched..

I was looking at the S2 production sketches (The bumper ball one), I think it wasn't intended to harm sonic..

[​IMG]
    In this shot we see the ball heading towards sonic..nothing out of the ordinary there..

[​IMG]
    Now,se seen here, we see the line start from sonic's head(circled) and go in the opposite directing, it could mean the ball was NOT harmful and would just bounced off sonic.

[​IMG]
    As seen here, boom, and an animal coming out...I don't know what to make of this (That doesn't sound far-fetched anyway,and believe me my theories are far-feteched..)

EDIT:(Always include a summary >_<)So maybe it was just a harmless container for an animal..again, no clue what to make of it(again, that doesn't sound far-fetched)

*Images from the production sketches on ICEKnight's website*

2. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    That animal looks a lot like Sonic. If you ask me, it WAS intended to hurt Sonic, by exploding on him (like the star badniks from Metropolis Zone).

3. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    Well seems to bounce off him from the front, and harm him from the back. So maybe If sonic saw it coming he could kick it away, but if it were to suprise him (ie from behind) it would hurt him?

4. Zero7

Zero7

(Learning) Hack - Sonic 3 & Knuckles Music Swap
    Hmm..

I didn't notice that the bumper ball in the 3rd pic is bouncing towards sonic from behind..

Maybe it is like Jigen said, if it hit you from behind, you'd get hurt, but if it hit you from the front, it would bounce off..

Also, I do see how the animal looks like Sonic..I thought it was a rabbit >_>;;

So, I guess it was both harmful and non-harmful..veeery interesting >_>;;

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The programmers just got too lazy to do that. Lazy-ass Naka. :P

6. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I can't see the pics... *pokes the Red X of DOOM!*

7. Some One 111

Some One 111

Pending Member
    This bounce from the front and kills from the back seems slightly similar to the Bouncer (I think its called Bouncer) in casio night zone, except reversed. When you spindash the enemy from the front, you simply bounce off. If you jump on it, you bounce off, but, if you spindash it from the back, it explodes and an animal comes out. It doesn't seem like this enemy comes from this ball, but maybe the "bouncing off" idea originated from this ball. Just my theroy, probably just a coincidence.

Pictures for the lazy. :P Click For Bigger Versions.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Sky Shark

Sky Shark

Sonic 1 Rehash - I'm not saying its canned, I'm planning on some work on it this summer.
    It seems like the ball acts like Bouncer but there's a chance it wouldn't been a destroyable enemy like the blue ball things in CPZ.

9. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Actually, it looks more like if Sonic is jumping (therefore spinning), the sphere would break, but hurting Sonic in the process. It would actually make sense - Sonic can only break the numerous objects in the stages by spinning. This way, when the enemy appeared on-screen and you had the oh-so-natural desire to kill it, you would fall into a trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.