don't click here

Sega TV Game Genga Gallery Art Book - now scanned

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rlan, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

This lovely art book has been a goldmine for years, but no good scans online. I've finally bought a copy, and scanned the whole thing!

https://segaretro.org/File:Sega_TV_Game_Genga_Gallery.pdf

From this we can not get fantastic scans of Sonic 2's animal friends, which were basically only in this book.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    You are a great person

3. Never heard of this before, but it looks pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!

4. Pengi

Pengi

Brilliant work! That book is a real treasure trove of art! Also exclusive to this book (as far as I'm aware) is the back view of Sonic 2's "Masher" Badnik. I don't believe this is currently on the wiki (ditto for the Eggman illustrations).

Hopefully one day we'll find the art for the mouse character, which has been my white whale for years. Ferran Rodriguez drew the Sonic 2 exclusive animals in at least three "Sonic the Comic" stories ("The Sentinel", "Sonic No More" and "Doctor Sun"), mouse included, so the artwork definitely existed and was given as reference. Sonic Team probably still has it in their archives. Despite them being excluded from Sonic Jam, the monkey was used as a graphic on their website prior to its release. He also turned up in Sonic's ending in Sonic Rush.

What's weird is that none of the Sonic 2 animal friends art really seemed to show up much in 1992. The Rocky (seal) illustration shows up in the Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Mega Drive Koushiki Guide Book, but none of the others do.

I think we might have to start hunting down issues of multi-format magazines, like Famicom Tsushin.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  5. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Excellent work Rlan! This book has some lovely artwork, so it's great that you've made a digital copy.

6. This is great!