don't click here

Second 'Sonic Central' Announced, Airing 9 AM Pacific Time on June 7th, 2022

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

*tips fedora* m'Phyliss

2. SEGACast

SEGACast

I was a bit disappointed with the livestream, although not surprised.

It lacked much information outside of what we already knew, and what they did reveal was only several seconds long (Sonic Frontier's Gameplay + Short, Sonic Prime).

It was interesting to find out that Shadow is going to be in Sonic Prime, but nothing made me react as close as when your typical overly hyped YouTube streamer finds out their favorite character is going to be added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Lackluster overall, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they're just focusing more on polishing up Sonic Frontiers past what we've already seen. From what I can tell, not many people are impressed so far. This is a shame, and it makes me feel bad to see this situation unfold again after Sonic Forces.

3. Snowbound

Snowbound

It appears that I enjoyed the Sonic Central more than most people. The Origins trailer was epic and detailed. The Speed Simulator Trailer gave me clarification on what’s going on with Metal Sonic in chemical plant. I still play Forces mobile so the mobile announcements had me very excited. Rn I’m not buying merch or going to concerts but what they showed off looked awesome and I’m sure the symphony tour will be great.

The Prime teaser was short but I was satisfied with it because the animation was great and I think we’re getting more at Netflix geeked this Friday... though unless I missed it they made no mention of this during the central. Hopefully they’re not playing the same clip again on friday

The Frontiers cartoon looked awesome but frankly they did a bad job setting up audience expectations for it’s appearance in this Sonic Centeal given the brevity of the clip they showed off. It’s a shame cuz Flynn’s on twitter thinking that the negative reaction is due to the prologue’s premise when in reality it’s the opposite: people wanted more.

My big disappointment was the Frontiers trailer. I was hoping for a story trailer so not getting that was disappointing.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Was the guy talking during the highlights the same guy that does the Nintendo Directs?

Minus points for pronouncing Mephiles wrong.

5. It was a pretty predictable stream, but even without the couple surprises I still would consider it worthwhile and informative. I avoided engaging in the heated discussions over Frontiers' gameplay as we knew a proper trailer was on the way that would lay some concerns to rest. Idk about everyone else, but the brief prologue snippet and legit gameplay showcase alleviated a lot of concerns that I either had myself or knew others had. Most significantly, it teased that the concept folks had regarding Sonic building the world around may have merit, and if true that explains the relative barren landscapes seen in those horrid IGN exclusives.

As for Origins, it was great seeing Ice Cap despite it failing to provide any more insight into any alleged complications with the OST. The glimpse of Prime really didn't do anything for me though, meaning that it didn't turn me off from intending to tune in nor did it generate any enthusiasm... I just want Boom S3... and Satam S3.

6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    That was my first thought too. Wouldn't be surprised if it was.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Lol Memphis TN

9. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Poor Syphilis the Hedgehog After Dark. Nobody gets your name right.

10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    They should've had the spindash sound effect play when they had a different video play like Nintendo Directs do.