don't click here

Scanner Troubles.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jay T., Dec 27, 2010.

1. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I bought this scanner from Epson called the Epson Perfection V300 Photo, and, it appears everything seems to be installed, but I cannot scan from the Epson Scan button or the button directly on the scanner. The program just doesn't want to appear. Now, I can scan from programs like Paint and what-not, I think, but not from the program itself. I even checked the .exe program in my C Drive. It appears to be the same results. The Event Manager says that it cannot find the Driver, but after checking everything out, it appears it did install. Maybe something corrupted the Driver's installation, or what? I even used the Driver from the website.

I have asked the support group from the site, and they didn't exactly help...

Someone help me out, please. I don't want this new $90 scanner go to waste. x_x

By the way, I use Windows Vista 64 bit.

2. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    Reinstalling might make a difference, and being an Admin while doing it is a good idea too

3. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Well, to be honest, I kind of reformatted my computer (but I backed a lot of my older stuff), since it's been almost more than 2 years and I've screwed around so much inside. A lot of programs were kind of acting very weird. So, I got it working. Thanks though, TmEE.