don't click here

SADX/SA1 Hacking/Modding

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, Aug 15, 2009.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    You think I didn't try that? It doesn't have anything related to D3D from what I can tell, aside from a D3DMATRIX struct from MSVC. And the Internet didn't help either.

2. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    If I might make a suggestion, you really need to get rid of the thing in the level editor that checks if there's an update to the program. Right now it's choking to death because it can't connect for some reason and eventually comes up with a message saying remote connection timed out. Really slows things down too much :/

3. You can disable it in the options menu :P

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    If I just removed the updater from SADXLVL, I have a feeling that several people would never know if I updated it. Sometimes I don't post updates here, so the only ways to know are if you watch the wiki page, subscribe to the Atom feed, are in #x-hax when I upload it, or have the updater on.

What I can do, is shorten the timeout to 10 seconds or so.

5. FraGag

FraGag

Tech Member
    How about making the update check asynchronous?

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Then you'd end up with an Open File dialog and a message box showing up at the same time...

I could try making it show up after you load the level, but :effort:

7. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Damn I'm dumb. Guess all the messing around with things all day yesterday stressed me to the point of ignoring the obvious. Never thought to look at the options menu =P

BTW I'm trying to import an obj file but nothing's happening. No error or anything. This thing can import whole models that can act as another level, right?

8. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Hopefully double post is OK, but I suspect this topic won't get much attention without a little bump =P

I can't seem to load any levels of Ice Cap. Keeps giving me this error. Here's what was copied to my clipboard.

Error: ArgumentOutOfRangeException
    Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: startIndex
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
    at SAModel.VERTEX..ctor(Byte[] file, UInt32 address, UInt32 Count) in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SAModel\Model.vb:line 404
    at SAModel.ATTACH..ctor(Byte[] file, UInt32 address, FileTypes type, Boolean Dreamcast) in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SAModel\Model.vb:line 434
    at SAModel.OBJECT..ctor(Byte[] file, UInt32 address, FileTypes type, OBJECT Parent, Boolean Dreamcast) in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SAModel\Model.vb:line 543
    at SADXLVL.COL.COL..ctor(Byte[] file, UInt32 address, FileTypes type) in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SADXLVL\Form1.vb:line 3593
    at SADXLVL.COL..ctor(Byte[] file, UInt32 address, UInt32 Count, FileTypes type) in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SADXLVL\Form1.vb:line 3633
    at SADXLVL.GEO..ctor(Byte[] file, UInt32 address, FileTypes type) in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SADXLVL\Form1.vb:line 3544
    at SADXLVL.Form1.LoadLevel2() in C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\SAModel\SADXLVL\Form1.vb:line 682

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    Ice Cap 2 and 4 for technical reasons can't be opened unless you have extended your exe file first. A quick way would be to use SADXTweaker's extender option to add 0x1000.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    [​IMG]
    Things I still have to do for SADXMDL2:
    • The other two options for deleting models
    • A feature to add child models
    • Animation editor

To anybody that downloaded the beta SADXMDL2, or made any .sam files when I added exporting to SADXMDL: They're pretty much completely useless now, I changed the format a bit.

11. I forgot to ask you, MainMemory, when you did this:

How did you manage to stop their arms and legs flying around? I've tried importing characters of different sizes, and their arms and legs fly around separate from the model.

12. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I just scaled the root model by 0.5.

13. Never thought of that, and it's so obvious lol. Thanks, I'll try it.

14. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    How easy would it be to make the models 10x size? Or in other words, how quick could one do that?

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    That hack involved loading each character model in SADXMDL, changing the scale values on the root to 0.5, opening the Physics Editor in SADXTweaker, and cutting a bunch of the values there in half. It could be easily done for any scale you wanted, although it could be glitchy if you go too small or too big.

16. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    What's this "CAMedit" thin I see in the topic's description?

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    A new(ish) part of SADXLVL, for editing camera layouts like SETedit edits object layouts.

18. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

A camera editor in SADXlvl, what do you think it would be?

19. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Well, EXCUSE me.

Thanks Main Memory. I don't have SADX installed anymore, So I haven't been following this thread.

20. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I got the tweaker program and chose to extend the exe 0x1000, still brings up the same error when I try to load Ice Cap 2. Am I doing something else wrong?