don't click here

S2B debug mode no longer works!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by torindkflt, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    4 C's give you slowmotion and restart back to titlescreen.

2. I'm remembering the code correctly (C C Up Down Down Down Down up, then A+Start, select stage and hold A), but it still doesn't work.

I KNOW it is the correct code because on a different computer which I use (Same emulator, same ROM image), it DOES work.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Hmm.

Is the country set to anything other than US? I can't remember if S2proto does this or not, but it's based off S1, and S1 has a different code for Japan.

Other than that, the only thing I suggest is that it is somehow a hacked ROM. Because that is the correct code and you're doing it right. Location of the C presses doesn't matter, as long as they are before the last U.

4. Changing the country setting had no effect, it still wouldn't work.

And I don't think it is a hacked ROM because 1: I have the exact same ROM image on a different computer running under the exact same emulator, and it works on that system. 2: The debug code used to work on the emulator having problems, but nothing has changed which would affect it. 3: I have tried both versions of the S2B ROM (The original .BIN one I got and the .SMD one from this site), debug doesn't work with either.

The only difference between this system and the other on which it does work is that the system on which debug does work I use a gamepad, while on the system that doesn't work I use a keyboard. Yet I don't see how that could be the cause, because as I said debug mode used to work just fine on the emulator now giving me trouble.

5. Get Gens. Always works for me, its never failed me :)

6. I AM using Gens >_<

7. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Now my copy of the Sonic Beta isn't working for some reason. Oh well, you could always get a version of ESE or some other converting software and change it to a BIN file. It should work then, it did for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.