don't click here

Ring The Ring

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ravenfreak, May 2, 2013.

1. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    After years of being collected, Ring wanted to have his own adventure. He noticed that Sonic had left his shoes in GHZ one day, he slipped on the shoes and away he went. Before he knew it Robotnik was at it again collecting Sonic's friends and turning them into badniks. Sonic then realized his shoes were missing, and without his shoes couldn't do much. With Sonic's shoes on it's up to Ring to stop Robotnik, and collect the chaos emeralds before it's too late! Unfortunately, Ring isn't as fast as Sonic with his shoes on though... but I'm sure you can help him defeat Robotnik right? Anyway corny story aside, I finally finished this hack. I would have been done with it sooner, but I've been procrastinating. :v: Also yes I know the title screen has a few random pixels out of place I can't exactly pin point what's causing this but with that said I hope you enjoy my hack. :) Here are some screenshots, bellow them is a download link.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download

2. Heh, this is pretty clever!

Although I wonder...why is the walking sprite not complete? Or the jumping? Is that intentional?

Anyways, nice work!

3. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    This is pretty clever indeed xD Pretty amusing too, haha. Also reminds me of a side-project I worked on involving a Ninja:
    [​IMG]

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    AHAHAHA, Oh man, I'm so gonna get MegaGWolf to play this...

Edit: you should change the ring sound to Sonic's "Yes" from Sonic CD, that would be the icing on the cake!

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Oh darn there are a few sprites I missed, didn't realize that until this morning, so that'll be fixed once I get off work. :v: That's a good idea mj, might add that as well. xD

6. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    [​IMG]

7. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    I don't get it. Ravenfreak is already a Tech Member... or are you asking to be one? =P

EDIT: Had a go, it's funny what you've done. Ring's walking sprites are incomplete. And his jump/rolling sprites don't look right. You should keep the ring centre and his arm/hand rotate. At it's current state, The ring bumps up and down. Another thing is I think Ring's height collision and width collision needs editing. There's a lot of tight spaces in MZ and other zones and including the special stage that Ring looks like he can easily squeeze into, but can't because he still has Sonic's tallness and width, etc.

There's a bug in the staff credits. In the first demo it shows in GHZ1, Ring accidently gets invincibility, so the rest of the staff credits plays the invincibility theme. Anyway, good work and a good laugh. Although I don't like being told that "I suck" by Eggman at the end =P

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    And then he did, and heres the result:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ddNi835EpU

9. Looks interesting. You should replace the Chaos Emeralds with big rings though :V