don't click here

Random hacking stuff

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GenesisFan64, Dec 31, 2011.

1. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
    Before this year ends, I'll share some of my stuff to the community...

Disassemblies:

- Tetris (Mega Drive/Genesis)
    - Super Shinobi 2's SMPS

Skydrive folder

Hacking notes:

- Divine sealing

- SMPS Locations

NOTE: I'm still active with my Socket research, so please someone don't lock the thread, I'll put more notes and a updated disassembly later (If I have time or whatever)

Have a happy new year

2. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Could you clarify the games for SMPS — which revisions, etc.? (There are two Yuu Yuu Hakusho games on MD; both use SMPS, for instance.) Thanks.

Also did you notice that Shinobi III's sound driver has PAL correction? I believe it works for Super Shinobi 2...

3. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
    All from the list are 68k (Yuu Yuu Hakusho is Treasure's)
    Tetris: "pre-SMPS Z80"

If you guys ask why I disassembled Super Shinobi 2's SMPS, it's because I noticed that the engine is updated/rewritten (and it's better than s1's), it contains coordination flags missing from s1, and Treasure's SMPS songs works perfect

4. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    The evolution of SMPS is interesting. It appears to have been specifically MD-related; even through 1990 Sega's arcade drivers still used the older codebase. The earliest "pre-SMPS" drivers are similar to the arcade ones, of course =P The main difference is the song's data layout (not track format), which can vary from game to game on the arcades. If Shinobi III's stuff is compatible with Treasure's, who knows.