don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just saw this on facebook.

I just have to trust Sega that they will deliver what we asked for. Whatever it is, I'm anticipating it.

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Nice, I like it. :P

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

I can't wait to see some screenshots/gameplay. This sounds great! (BTW, did I miss any screenshots earlier in the thread?) Eh, but the picture on the needlemouse teaser site looks terribly non-HD to me.

4. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member
    This seems amasing, but it's just...

Those platforms.

THOSE PLATFORMS.

Its like the Cat in the Hat had sent them to kill me and rape my corpse. :(

5. I would love it if Sega took levels from all of the great Sonic games from the Genesis era and made it a strict HD conversion. Here's why: I don't trust Sega, and if they have a very detailed schematic on building this game, they possibly couldn't screw it up. :psyduck:

6. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    You're forgetting Hideaki Kobayashi there. D:

... and am I the only one here who thinks that SA1 had one of the shittiest Soundtracks in the series, sans a few tracks, like Gamma's theme or the character boss battle theme?

7. Oh my God, they are so chickening out. I mean, it sounds good and all, but I'd rather have them do something in 3D, but do it well. Obviously a 2D game is going to be at least pretty good.
    Also, I think we may have gone back to small, chubby Sonic. Small, chubby Shadow, anyone? =P

8. I'm 99% sure that we'll find out more at TGS 2009.

And I don't think this will be 2D like the trailer says. It's not going to be like our Sonic 2 HD project, where we use a load of high quality 2D images. Project Needlemouse will be 2.5D (like Sonic Unleashed, but without completely 3D areas). It going to be set out exactly like Classic Sonic, but with 3D graphics.

9. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    It'd be pretty awesome if they could pull all the original Sonic Team members out of hiding but I'm pretty sure they don't want anything to do with Sega at this point

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    If they got the original team back together... FUCK!

That would be like a full Beatles reunion.

Yes... that big!

11. I have no words.

This is incredibly awesome.

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That would be incredible, but I don't see it happening. It would be the best thing to ever happen to SEGA in years.

13. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I thought that they meant 2D gameplay only. Considering that current hardware is good at polygon rendering using models (buffer objects, anyone?), that models take up much less space, that they're easier to get a smooth animation from, that making new animations is easier, etc., I think that going with model-based graphics, especially being a big company that deals with them constantly, makes a lot of sense.

14. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    The internet's testicles would collectively explode.

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    You know what would be awesome? 3D, but with some sort of cel-shading that gave it an airbrush feeling like in the olde arts.

16. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    All I have to say, is that it's about freaking time. Recently, it's been getting to the point where even I've started to lose interest in Sonic, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed games like Shadow the Hedgehog and Next-Gen Sonic/Sonic 2006. After all these years of blatantly ignoring their older fanbase, they've finally come to their senses, and are giving people what they really want. I'm really looking forward to this, just as much as Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which also comes out next year).

I wonder if Robotnik will actually be the main villain (and final boss) of this game? If so, then this'll be the first console game where he was the true final boss since Sonic 3D Blast, which was all the way back in 1996.

17. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I think that if this is actually a well made game, it will be the most universally successful Sonic game yet, both critically and sales-wise. The super die-hard Sonic fans who buy ANYTHING Sonic will buy it automatically, small children will be drawn to it's colorful graphics and bouncy music and sound effects (As opposed to the gritty looking boxarts of Sonic games such as Sonic Unleashed & Shadow the Hedgehog), classic fans who've grown from the series will probably buy it if it resembles the old games enough and gets good reviews, adults who grew up with the SEGA Genesis will probably pick it up if the former happens as well, and then there will be the buyers who will be purchasing it purely because it's a well puttogether game, which should be the majority of the sales.

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but pretty much, this should sell really well.

18. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    You forgot in-game SuperSonic.
    11 Pages in 8 hours... Sweet merciful Nayru...

19. Cap

Cap

Shit, after watching that I thought, there will be some hype on the retro forums.

But not 28 FUCKING PAGES ALREADY. ROFL

Sega certainly succeeded at creating hype. Really, the game is sold already. Crap or not, people will buy it simply because of curiosity and hype now. As for an Old Sega Team reunion, no fecking way. That would just suck, simply because can't tell they'd motivated much by Sonic nowadays. The new Sonic team has given us Sonic Unleashed and now this. This is certainly looking like a new era for Sonic. And a good one by that.

20. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Eh, I dunno. I was shocked when I first heard of it (just now), but isn't this just catering to all the oldschool fanboys who say Sonic doesn't belong in 3D? =\ I'd rather see more added on to the Unleashed system, it seemed perfect. I hope this turns out to be something more like Megamix and less like the Sonic Rush games. Honestly if this doesn't have "fanservice" written all over it I don't know what does. But let's just hope it's actually a good game and not a bad game everyone loves because it's buried in nostalgic fanservice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.