Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I love the way that they used the classic sound effects in that trailer -- listen for the jump and spin! :D

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I shit you not, I started hyperventilating when I saw this. I want to believe just like all of you do. This has the potential to be something beautiful. I don't really mind the crazy look of the landscapes. Hell, I welcome them. It's better than having the same square or rectangular piece that were among the main objects (of course along with loops, corkscrews, etc.) of land in the Legacy titles (kickass name, by the way).

3. Lizam

Lizam

Lizam Member
    Australia
    Mario & Sonic: Worlds Clash
    Let me start off by just saying WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I saw this article today at Uni, and the people around me couldn't understand my excitement ^^;
    And then I come home to a 17 page long thread of Retro. Though, I'm not surprised.

Also, I noticed a few people being a bit skeptical about the emphasis on speed in the trailer, but isn't that exactly what they did with the trailers/advertisements for the classics back in the 90's? I know when I was a kid, I would only associate Sonic with speed and ignore other elements.

4. RevFirst

RevFirst

I'm more worried about the background(s). Just hoping it's better than the ones in the Sonic Rush games.

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    HD huh? I would have preferred the Mega Man 9 approach, like if they used genesis style graphics. Still though, this sounds promising! First time in a lot of years that I'm excited for a new Sonic game.

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I'm not terribly excited about this, with it coming out next year. But I am fairly certain that I can look forward to another enjoyable game. After all, I've had at least some fun with every game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series that I've played (never touched a PS3, 360 or Pocket Adventure).

7. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Nah, they're using the technology of today, which is a good thing. We've moved ahead and the old games looked like shite. The pile of pixels only worked in Megaman 9 because of a. nostalgia and b. it's a sequal to an incomplete series. Sonic was a complete series.

Anyway, FUCK YEAH! Sega, if you make this game great, I might have some respect for you again... You just MAY redeem yourself.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    This sounds promising, can't wait to see some actual screens. I just hope they at least get some input from Oshima, Yamaguchi and Yasuhara (and perhaps even some programming tips from Naka).

Those platform shapes remind me a little of the style used in some of the Sonic 1 concept art, by the way.

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SO AWESOME

10. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I just hope they don't treat this as a 2D "special" game, that they will make it simply a novelty. I want a gripping, addictive and immersive game that makes me want to play it.

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    <div align='center'>[​IMG]</div>

You wanna be startin' somethin'?

Also, funny thing that complete series bullshit you're pullin', considering 2 of the original games were pretty much rushed.

12. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Why haven't Sega themselves put out this trailer on all their facebook, youtube etc accounts? I'm getting worried someone is having us on. I doubt it, but you know, it wouldn't be the first time a website put out a fake trailer.

13. test-object

test-object

By Torm, no! This is terrible! I... I had no idea Member
    Let's take this outside, coyote.

It was! There was Megaman 1-8 and Megaman X 1-9. If that's not incomplete, what is? There never was a Sonic 4 planned or indication there would be one. Games are supposed to be evolving, not sticking with 16-bit pixels.

Oh, and believe me, I LIKE Megaman :0

14. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Holy hell... praying to the Hylian goddesses worked! Sonic is (supposedly) coming back to us! :D
    It doesn't, the Classic Title Ring is distorting the appearance. It actually looks more like classic-head on NG-body

15. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Id very much like them to do away with the boost bar if they do this, or at very least, not have the ability to do it indefinatly. I like smashing badguys with a spin attack, just running through them has always been kinda hollow

also

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/deo...ic/TheCycle.jpg

But ultimatly, we only know one thing about this game, that is 2D. Could be like Sonic1 Genesis, we know it can be done lol Althought I would like to belive that Sonicteam/sega cant feck up a 2d adventure

I just wonder if there going the "full bown game" route, or doing a "megaman9" and skipping physical retail all together.

16. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Have you read the topic and learnt that both Tweaker and Sun warned posting The Cycle warrants a suspension, or are you just dumb?

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm sure he meant to post this pic instead.

18. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    yeah lets go with that.

But yeah, just outta bed, 17pages... wont happen again, god forbid let me be human lol

19. Tongara

Tongara

Fuck YOU! Banned
    Birmingham, UK
    Zorbtech Productions
    HOLY SHIT, IT'S FROM SONIC CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111ONEEEEEEEE

Also: http://www.needlemouse.com/

20. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    hay guise am I late to the party?

I'm not reading all nine pages because fuck off, so I'll just say that I'm not going to invest any more than a casual interest in this would-be-fantastic new title until I see some evidence (screenshots/videos) of gameplay to determine whether it'll actually be any good. Sorry, but I need more than a video spouting meaningless buzzwords ("SPEED RETURNS" etc. - it never really left, except for a disastrous moment that culminated in Labyrinth, it's just mutated so many times that it's only evident in a Boost button that fires you off in a supersonic fart at a thousand miles per hour, but I digress) and a nondescript blue orb collecting golden shinies against a black void before I cream my pants.

I will say, also, that having read part of that Wentos article, I'm not at all happy with the implication that the Wii games, and their users, are nothing more than cashcows to Sega/Sonic Team and it's only people who own a PS3 or 360 who actually matter. That kind of discrimination was fine when Sega were making their own games for their own consoles and needed to smash the opposition, but they can't afford to be picky when they're a third-party developer for multiple platforms.

And I haven't decided which'll be worse; if they build this game as 360/PS3-only because lol graphics or release a watered-down, inferior Wii version because apparently we're all pansies who'll suck up anything with the Sonic brand and fuel their future substandard endeavours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.