don't click here

[Preview] Sonic 3 & Knuckles MP3 Tool

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Qjimbo, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Screenshots and Info ;)

However, I'm stuck on disabling the music. If I do it through the playlist, it screws up the track detector and if I do it through the pointers, it's unreliable, sometimes crashing the music driver.

The only solution I can see would be to either do drx's suggestion of adding a subroutine to the music driver that only lets SFX go to the Z80, or replacing the tracks with "null tracks" that are just silent.

However I'm not sure how to do either of these, drx said he'd do the subroutine but has since dissapeared ;)

Any ideas?

2. Shade

Shade

Afraid I can't help, but I would like to extend to you how kickass this is going to be, and thanks for your work on it ;)

3. Dracula

Dracula

Oldbie
    I'm watching you!
    Converting NES Mappers to MMC5
    Tweaker might know something about that.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hmm... What I COULD do for you is whip up a dummy song that ends output as soon as it's started, and change all the pointers to that one song. That should keep the driver in line, and successfully disable the in-game music. Unfortunately, I may not be able to do it for you until next week or so, so you'd have to wait until then. But it'll work, trust me. =P

EDIT: On another tangent, that GUI is excellent. And MSN integration is a huge plus for me, as I use it a lot. And it even broadcasts in-game stats! VERY nice indeed! Keep up the good work.

(maybe some day you'll finish the music porter. Muahahahaha!)

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Sounds good!

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    :wub:

Sir, I deem you amazing, and would subject myself to any form of figurative sex you so desire for your amusement.

7. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    If you change all the pointers to the same song, wouldn't the MP3 tool only play the same song? Unless you make a few copys of it. With diffrent pointers.

8. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    drx posted something at CulT about 2 hours ago, so he hasn't disappeared from there. =P

Seems interesting, that's about all I can say.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    His MP3 tool works by snagging the current song value and loading an mp3 based on that number. It doesn't matter if multiple songs have the same pointers, as each pointer represents a song ID. The in-game music doesn't matter, so it can be silent as the mp3s overlay what would normally be the BGM.

10. Robjoe

Robjoe

OH. FUCK. YES. I can not tell you how much I love you for this! Been wait for this ever since your S2 tool. And, broadcasting in-game stats into MSN is a great idea as well. I also like the ability to disable the invincibility music, as it can get annoying at times. One question: Is this plagued by the 1-UP bug like your S2 version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.