don't click here

Posing Sonic Generations models

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by SonikkuForever, Nov 20, 2012.

1. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    I'm sorry if this isn't topic-worthy, but I really need some help with the Sonic Generations models. I'm trying to get the classic Sonic and Tails models from The Models Resource into different poses for a project I'm working on. The part that's been giving me the most trouble is the mouth. I'd like to give them the open-mouthed smile pose, but I can't find any bones or controls to do so. I've tried three different programs so far, all with disappointing results (no bones in Fragmotion, visible but not connected bones in 3D Studio max, and the same type of problems in Blender). Are the models crappy, or do I just not know how to use the programs properly? I'd like to get this project done as soon as I can, so any help anyone might be able to provide would be much appreciated.

2. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    They're the closest approximations of models that anyone has been able to rip. Whatever bones are missing or not functioning properly you will have to fix manually. If I were you I'd get rid of the bones and rig the models from scratch, that's really your best bet. If you don't know how, you're not experienced enough to be doing this. Just from what you've said shows you need to learn a lot more and practice.

3. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Yeah, I really have very little experience with rigging, but I am slowly figuring it out. Thanks!