don't click here

Passion & Pride

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blivsey, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

As for why they'd pick America's launch as opposed to Japan's...who knows. Larger Western fanbase? Perhaps they couldn't get this out last year so this year just happened to work too? Maybe both? Best I can come up with.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I hate to burst the bubble, but I'm not in the money to pick it up right now. We'll see, though.

3. Lady Soniko

Lady Soniko

That's Head Bitch of Honnouji, pig. Member
    Got this on order if you guys want a rip and scans, just let me know.

Glad they used some Channel/SA inspired art for the cover, gives it more of an authentic SA Album feel I've been missing since Rush Adventure, kinda sick of the shitty CG Sonic Renders SEGA slap on all their games/products so this is a treat to say the least.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thank you Soniko and of course, PM Ashram he will let you know what kind of scans he needs for VGMDB and Retro's Wiki.

5. Anyone who offers to do scans usually knows what they're doing. Also, seconding the thanks, Lady Soniko. Just make sure to disassemble and scan everything, even both sides of the tray card and the obi. :specialed:/>

6. Lady Soniko

Lady Soniko

That's Head Bitch of Honnouji, pig. Member
    Will do, stay tuned guys should be shipping next week.

EDIT: It's actually shipped today, might have it by the end of the week if customs fuck off.

7. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    While we're all waiting for one of you guys to rip the album for Retro, the "It Doesn't Matter" 2014 remix got leaked.

8. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Oh, VERY nice! That's much better than I was expecting it to be.

I'm gonna try and buy this album at some point, I've always liked the music from the Adventure games.

9. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    I'm still confused as to why Open Your Heart and Live and Learn aren't on this collection.

Also, why no love for demos ;-; I want to hear the original Open Your Heart at higher quality than 128 kbps.

10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Not quite leaked. I wondered why only one track would "leak" so I tracked the source down:
    https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/it-doesnt-matter-rmx-2.014k/id915241613?l=en

11. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member

WOW, that was really good. Now I wait patiently for the rips!

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person...

12. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Oh, right. I forgot about Japan Time.

13. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    Wow, absolutely loving that remix. Hell, it would fit right in as a main theme for a modern Sonic game and not sound dated.

14. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Turns out I still had a recording of Josh singing this song several months ago while he was streaming and his audio was going haywire. So obviously I had no choice but to lay it over the new 2014 remix. Sorry, Josh.

15. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Already bought and listened to the whole thing, like the squeeing Adventure fangirl with nostalgia colored glasses I am.[​IMG]

Overall, the remastering was pretty good, and seemed to fix the muddiness in some of the original songs; namely, E-102's Theme, My Sweet Passion, Lazy Days, and Throw It All Away.

The Electric Pianos and drums are the real winners in the remasters, in my honest opinion. Unknown from ME, SA1, sounds so gorgeous, and it makes the SA2 one listenable.[​IMG]

Also great remix, I wish it was on Amazon already. No iTunes for me, thanks.

16. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    iTunes Link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sonic-hedgehog-passion-pride/id915244168

Love the remix, but the rest of the album is exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be... the existing songs that sound identical to the ones I already have, at least on my crappy PC speakers. I was hoping it would be "remastered" more in a sense like the generations version of Emerald Coast was, where it was the exact same song just newer sounding. Oh well.

17. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    In music, "remastered" has a very specific meaning, similar to movies. Not remixed, not rearranged, no actual content changes. Only the mastering process itself (and sometimes mixing, the line between the two is a bit blurry) has been redone. You can usually expect a crisper, cleaner sound, some post-processing fixes, maybe a stereo mix if the song was originally in mono, but they wouldn't say "remastered" if it was anywhere near as different as Emerald Coast generations.

18. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Amazon US links: Disc 1 Disc 2

Can't be arsed to get the Amazon UK links right now. (using phone)

19. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Is the remix not part of the two disks? I'm so confused right now.

EDIT: Nope, the bonus is on the CD.

20. Is it just me, or is Sonic's index finger on his left hand uncomfortably long with the neck of the guitar in hand?