don't click here

No break for Nack/Fang to come back?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by GT Koopa, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    http://www.tssznews.com/2009/01/29/touma-t...hed-a-sniper-2/

http://www.vinyl-creep.net/Fang_Wolf

In short Fang's designer left and the reason SEGA doesn't use him is that, of course, he would have to fit in the modern canon, Rouge already has his treasure hunting job, and they would have to create a new game with a plot that would be compatible with him to bring him back.

Even with all this, could he still come back? We have a suggested retro game being made, or one that is going to be split up like Sonic 3 was. One where characters created before SA1 could fit in.

There also is still the SMALL chance for SASR DLC, a game that is trying its hardest to bring back retro feeling mixed with the Modern Sonic Era. However deep down it will most likely be the many Modern Sonic characters (Silver, Jet, Omega)

Each and every new Sonic game we do this. Riders, Unleashed, All Stars Racing. A rumor appears, says "Fang is in it" or someone mistakes a photo for another game entirely or a "script is leaked" when in the end it is all false. Ristar as well. And lets not forget mysterious green bird on hoverboard = EXTREME MODERN BEAN REDESIGN OH BEAN WE HAVE MISSED YOU

So yeah. Also speedy little airbikes to get around. Into the unknown sunset.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Obvious solution is have Fang kill Rouge :v:

Anywho, He's SEGA's character, and that's all there is to it.

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

The thing is Rouge isn't really a treasure hunter anymore, in fact she wasn't really a villain to begin with. How they thought a jewel thief and government agent mixed is beyond me. Rouge may as well be considered a full blown goody goody hero like Shadow these days.

Fang on the other hand has gained a rep for being a scumbag lower-tier villain that will take Sonic or Eggman's side if money was on their side (and then shoot them in the back), though I have little doubt SEGA would make him into a goody goody too. He probably has the most potential out of all the scrapped characters however (though I would like to see Bean return as completely screwy mini boss like his Archie version).

4. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    They are both government agents. And since GUN is mildly corrupt, that makes them morally ambiguous. And everyone loves moral ambiguity.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I don't believe any of these things that say how Sega lost rights to these characters. How else would Archie comics be able to still use both Fang and Mighty?

Personally I'd like to see Nack return. But Mighty, not so much.

6. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Most of the newer games point to GUN being reformed, I think the 'corrupt government conspiracy' junk is best kept out of the Sonic series anyway. Either way Rouge hasn't really been doing much immoral except being overlly snarky as of recently. Sonic Team seems to have a problem making any vaguely sympathetic character antagonistic, Eggman is lingering onto his villain role really.

7. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Mighty is such a terrible character, I don't know why people want him back. I really don't see the appeal in him at all. Seeing Nack/Fang come back would be grand though, but I'm not complaining if I don't see him ever again either.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Admitedly I don't see Mighty (or Ray) being anything more than another generic hero character, not to mention their designs are the least innovative and their personalities the least defined. Fang at least has a role not occupied by millions of characters and a persona and design more unique too, though given SEGA's direction it may not last.

The treatment of the retro characters may be one of few things I like about the Archie comics, Fang, Bean and Bark all make neat minor villains and have nicely defined characters. If they did something like their depictions there it may work nicely.

9. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    It's funny how they're concerned about introducing Fang and having Rouge getting pushed aside when they've never had a problem with ditching characters without warning and never gave a shit about continuity in the past. The bottom line is that Fang has a sizable fanbase and Rouge, uh, kinda doesn't- that should be all the incentive Sega needs to work him into a game as haphazardly as possible. Anything for a buck, man.

The fact that we've got a name for his creator and a link to his blog is far more interesting (though the man types like a complete spaz, Google Translate can't make heads or tails of it). He appears to have become quite successful since he bailed on Sega, and he sure as hell deserves it. I love this guy's characters. I'd actually spend real money on some of these figures.

10. I always liked Nack, he was a really neat looking character. Hopefully one day he may make a comeback. At least he will always be seen in Triple Trouble and Sonic the Fighters.

11. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Nack is awesome. I remember him from Sonic Triple Trouble. I, too, want to see him again.

12. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I think he's cool enough to deserve his own game where he can go around robbing people and treasure hunting like Wario.

13. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
  14. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    If Archie can make Nack/Fang return out of nowhere, than Sega can too. :colbert:

"While Sonic was running through the GenericInsertName Zone, he came upon an interesting shiny stone. Thinking it is another Chaos Emerald, he investigated it. Suddenly, the stone exploded and Sonic was knocked back, losing all his Chaos Emeralds. While dazed and confused, a mysterious purple creature came out of the bushes and stole the emeralds..."

See, it's easy. :v:

15. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Depends...

I'd like for him to return if he stays a villain. If they're going to make him nice or middle ground then I don't want it.

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Fang, Bark and Bean would probably make good 'Big Lipped Aligator bosses', as in completely random and off the wall face offs that come out of nowhere.

17. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    With Rouge, she's a neutral treasure hunter. She likes to steal jewels, which may be wrong, but her actions with others typically are for the best of everybody's interests. Fang/Nack has been set out to be completely different. The only way he could be a 'good' guy is to have his brain erased and reprogrammed.

I would be seriously disappointed if he joined the good side. :colbert:

18. John Calibur

John Calibur

I always though the slight hint of Wild West in triple trouble was appealing. I mean, not just Fang, but the sunset park boss too.

I'd love to see more Fang, but then I remember the whole "careful what you wish for" mindset cuz they could just as easily remake him into shit.

also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I could've sworn I read somewhere that the fact that he has only 4 fingers was suppose to be a yakuza reference or something. might just be some total conjecture, but still.

19. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I think having Nack and Rouge as rivals would be a simple solution to this problem.

20. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I'd love to see this.

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

And make it be about the Emeralds and Knuckles would be involved for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.