don't click here

Night Mode in Sonic 2 Final Version.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Weird Person, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    while making my hack, (and corrupting a lot my Hack to get interesting Bugs...) , I Got a "Night Mode" in Hill Top Zone! (the 1st Zone I Tried Enter in Debug Mode.) I Really don't know where I corrupt to get this (I Don't even know what value I insert!), but the attached SaveState is the proof there is a Night Mode in Sonic 2 Final Version! And this is not just because the Highlight/Shadowing Mode, it works exactly like the Sonic 2 Beta Night Mode!

Sonic Deceleration is Buggy because it's a Thing from my Hack, nothing more.

Sorry if this is old... or useless.

Attached Files:

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Night zone, AFAIK, is in every game on the Genesis. It's a Shadowing/Highlighting mode called by the Genesis VDP to differenciate tiles on the low and high layers.

Nemesis found a way to activate it via savestate, it's in a topic here. Check it out.

3. Weird Person

Weird Person

Who knows?
    So It was (probably) caused just by a Random Bug? >.<" shit, more fake discoveries!

4. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    Well, before this topic gets in the trash, let me do a point. I have downloaded this savestate, tried it, and Sonic sometimes walks to the right whithout pushing the key.

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Ah I think voice was having a similar problem a while ago, might've been something to do with a gamepad/joystick.

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    IIRC, there is a night mode code for Sonic 2,

7. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    I activated this on actual hardware yeserday without using a Game Genie - I've no idea how I did this, though. What's odd is it made my shitty WinTV card actually display the colours better.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    You hold C before entering a level on the level select. This activates Night mode.

9. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
  10. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Er..yeah Q, apparently if you don't set a key on the gamepad, it assumes that button is being pressed 24/7. that's why you should always configure your program before you use it!

11. Weird Person

Weird Person

Who knows?
    Funny, Everthing in CPZ overlap Sonic. (I Checked using debug. I Thinked It have no Night Mode!)

Why nobody told me the Night Mode Trick in S2F before?! (Because I don't asked, probably is the answer.)

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Because it's been known for like, 13 years now.

13. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah, I've known this since I knew about debug mode... Heh. Oh, well. Don't blame him.

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Use DScaler, and also disable Even and Odd chroma gaining in advanced card options if you're using a composite lead.

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    DScaler helps a TON. What do you use? ChrisTV? Or the crappy thing that comes with windows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.