don't click here

New Info on the Pluto, the Origins of the Saturn Name, and More (!!!)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Gryson, May 31, 2022.

1. My family got our first computer in 1995, this guy, and it had a 1.2 GB hard drive. I don’t know how much my parents paid for it (Packard Bell Retro when?), but I’m sure it was nuts (by modern standards of what a computer costs). A 2.5" 500 MB must’ve completely blown up their BOM in 1995. It seems absurdly overspecced at a time when it took 5-10 minutes to download one megabyte.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  2. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    So, any info on why SoA ordered the Pluto, yet? :V

3. Gryson

Gryson

The 2nd part isn't out yet, but should be coming relatively soon...

4. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Did we ever find out what was on the revealed Plutos or were they just blank?

5. It's funny in my school if you were nicknamed Pluto it was because you were dull and uninteresting. I think it was a terrible name for a console system. Its a shame it never made it out mind and to me its more everdence that from from being anti SEGA America, SEGA Japan looked to help with requests that came in from SOA. I think Joe Miller was big on the internet and I guess it was him pushing for this.

I was very upset that SEGA Europe never brought out the net link to the UK, despite SEGA Europe saying they planned too and see to remember some tests in of all places Norway?

6. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    You know, it was probably just a codename like Mars, Terra etc. If it was ever released, I'm sure they would name it something different, like Mega Saturn or even Saturn 2.

7. I know, but codenames tend to be very good. I know it's going way back, but in my old school days Pluto was seen as the most boring planet in our system, even for a Codename it wasn't great :)