don't click here

Neo Islands Trilogy screenshots

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Shade, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shade

Shade

Work in progress screenshots of Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Neo West island

[​IMG]
    Teal Valley Zone with a new nightime setting. What does everyone think? Keep the nightimes setting or switch back to daytime? Also still trying to think of the BGM. I was thinking "Windy Hill" from SA, but I'm not too sure it would fit anymore.

[​IMG]
    Tidal Temple Zone. BGM is Sonic CD JP ver.'s "little Planet". Pretty much complete.

[​IMG]
    A work in progress palette, but the general idea of a silver city with a bunch of Collision Chaos style neon lights. Still thinking of a zone name, any suggestions welcomed. I think I may use a Stardust Speedway BGM as its music. Not sure which.

[​IMG]
    Magma Mountain or Volcano Valley, havent decided yet. The palette is still in progess, but I feel I nailed the feel of a smoke filled sky and dead grass enough to see what people thought of the concept. Uses Red Mountain (1'st part) from SA as BGM.

[​IMG]
    Cryptic Cavern Zone. Uses Mystic Mansion from Sonic Heroes as BGM as of now. Still tnkering with the backgorund, but I just may leave it as is.

Well, that's what I have got so far. I will update accordingly as my hack progresses. In the meantime, any feedback and suggestions are more than welcome.

Also, I apologize for the smallness of a few of the pictures. Photobucket seems to want to keep resizing them or something :wtf: I'll try and fix it. In the meantime, I apologize for any trouble, and thank you for taking the time to evaluate my work.

2. Miles3298

Miles3298

MP3-designed hacks suck monkey ass.

I like Teal Valley, but the pallete needs a bit of darkening due to the freakish look in the background.

Silver City; not much to say. Nice idea, excluding the bright pink stuff.

The Magma Mountain pallete sucks, change plz. That pallete for the grass just looks wrong. Add more color to the grass and the blocky things, please. I like the smoke-in-background idea; that's the only plus for that zone.

I can't quite say what I need to for Cryptic Cavern...

There's my opinions. o.o;

3. Shade

Shade

Then you don't have to use my custom soundtrack. Simple.

Already on it.

Like it says, its a work in porgress. I'll expirement around with some other palettes.

The rocks are _FAR_ from finished. I'll take your advice on the grass and tinker with it a bit. I don't really see what the problem is, but perhaps I will see what happens when I darken it a tad. Still touching up the rocks/blocks for sure.

Got it back up to the size of the TVZ and SCZ shots, though I am working on getting those as big as the other two as well. I still cant figure out why photobucket is resizing the damned things.

Thank you for your thoughts. Anyone else?

4. I'm liking everything but the Silver City pallete, which is rather seizure inducing.

5. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    A agree with Flame. You're good at recoloring. All those pictures are nice except seizure city.

6. Shade

Shade

lol. Why thank you. Okay, then it's decided: CNZ gets another overhaul. Any suggestions as to what direction to take it in would be appreciated.

Oh, and anymore feedback/suggestions also welcomed.

7. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Magma Mountain HUD need to be fixed back to white. I am sure you can find a way to do that. Else looking good

8. Shade

Shade

New development, new screenshot. I'm still thinking of a name to give this zone. If this has been done before, I apologize, as I am not trying to steal anyone's work. Credit to whoever first executed this type of pallete. Anyway, here it is:

[​IMG]

Feedback always welcomed. Also, anyone have any suggestions as to which direction I should take Silver City Zone (temp name) in?

9. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Perfect palette for the Sky Chase.

10. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah, that's nice. Good work, Shade, I hope to see more good creativity from you.

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That looks exactly like mine. ;_;

12. Shade

Shade

Ah, shit. I knew that looked similar >_< I'm so sorry Tweaker, my apologies! I will change it if you would like. If so, any suggestions?

13. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    A night sky chase is overused. Try something creative.

14. Shade

Shade

Hence why it is a Sunset style pallete. However, it appears Tweaker was the one that originally did that. I wasn't going to change it to night, but there is only so much you can do with a level like Sky Chase, pallete wise. Again Tweaker, my sincerest apologies, I knew it looked familiar. All credit to you of course. I will definitley change it at your request.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Dude, no. You can use it, I was just pointing it out. These are YOUR ideas, and I'm not copyrighting mine. If you want a sunset palette, then god damn it make a sunset palette. Don't let anyone tell you different.

16. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Yeah, there are only 1536 possible Genesis colors (512 colors in normal, shadow, and highlight), a few of which are duplicates. So there are bound to be duplicate pallets that people come up with independently. By themselves, pallets aren't really anything "stealable" in the first place.

17. Orion

Orion

This is something the internet needs more of ^_-

18. Shade

Shade

Well in that case I will definitely keep the pallete. Thanks for all of your help so far guys. I will update in the near future with more screens for evaluation. Still trying to think of what direction to take the Silver City pallete in, if anyone wants to throw their hat into the ring concerning that.

19. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    I personally like your Silver City Pallette, although the grey could be made a little lighter. Make it look more "shiny".

20. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Hi guys, I like the looks of this hack, can you tell me what else has been modded? is it just the pallete of the levels or have you changed level layouts or music?

Sonic DJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.