don't click here

Need some help with something

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Cedar J, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Cedar J

Cedar J

Faguars, come test me I'll kill em Oldbie
    Hey all,

Basically theres this old school virtual chat program I go on sometimes to fuck about with when I'm bored and for a while I've been wanting to hack into it. The way people do it with this program is to edit a certain bunch of files which control what appears on pop up menus in the client. It sounds simple like I should just edit these files in wordpad and save them and then it will work like that inworld and it would but although the code is laid out in plain text theres this weird gibberish at the top of most files I can't make out. Plus when I save it, the client doesn't like it and won't let me do anything.

I have it on reliable terms from a friend that theres some sort of encryption or whatever on these files and to edit these files I'd need to create a text reader that would be able to read this encryption and save using it also. I don't think it'd be too hard seeing as this software has been around since 1995 but I'm fucking clueless and need a hand.

This is where you come in readers :P

If you are bored and fancy something to do, would you be able to take a look at the files I've posted below and let me know if the encryption used is standard and would it be easy to sort something for it?

WA Mag files

Theres not much to see until you get to cd050000 and onwards, those files are interesting as you get to see all the code in plain text. It's written in Tcl also as far as I can tell.

Safe nigs.

2. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Looks very simple to me. I don't know that they're really "encrypted" at all. For example, address 0x10 appears to be a pointer to "sMbcmid". The whole top is basically one big address table with probably some extra information thrown in there.

I can't tell you how you're supposed to read it all because I know nothing about the program or the files. But it looks very simple if you're aware of what you're looking for.