don't click here

My theroy about which levels replaced GCZ

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sky Shark, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    Not only that, Sonic's creator, Naoto Oshima, and head programmer/design dude Naka, are the ones that created the general stigma of Sonicness, Sega just plastered the American storyline on afterwards, to a certain extent the Japanese one too, however since ST go by that one these days it's reasonable to say It's accepted.

It's important to know "based of the games" and "based off the characters/concept".

SatAM was based of the characters, Sonic X was based of the game.

The manuals too were based off the game, in the early days the story *is* pretty much a short little thing inspired by the events in the game; what happens onscreen and what's happening in Sonic's world isn't neccessarily the same thing; the second game needn't follow on from every gameplay mechanic that's thrown in for gameplay and in reality is just an effect.

So the story line *was* something more than something that what happens in the game, the storyline and game are joined at the hip, but there are times when they seem seperate.

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    There's no proof it ever existed, therefore I'm free to assume it never existed and you can't prove me wrong. Pachuka's Prerogative.

3. Wetflame

Wetflame

Uh, Quick Man, have you ever read Saxman's docs that offer overwhelming evidence in favour of it? He got rather annoyed when I told him of this.

The Sonic 2 life icon is stored in a way VERY simil;iar to the way SCD does it, except it had "Tails" and "miles" where future and past are.

4. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    1. I was talking about GCZ. What does the life icon have to do with shit?
    2. Independent discoveries can be made by two groups of people simultaneously. Example: calculus.
    3. Given that these documents aren't available to read, I don't know what they say, do I?

5. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    Argh, this is just too stupid for me...

The older, 2D Sonic games had a shallow storyline at best. Sure, we all like to fill in the holes with our imaginations as we play and research, but the fact of the matter is that there was no real story (that's not to say that the developers weren't designing the games in accordance with story and continuity, it just means that there was no finalized story in the games). It's stupid to argue for or against a correct story, especially when the issue at hand is a regional manual.

Now, don't misunderstand and bring up the Adventures. Those games, with the enhanced hardware and data storage available to them, allowed for cutscenes and dialogue, and it is entirely possible that canned or undeveloped story ideas from the platformers made their way over. But even that is all just speculation. I doubt that even the developers themselves would have made note of it if that was the case.

6. Wetflame

Wetflame

It's fair enough taht the developers had some decent backstory that mayn ot have even made it to the manuals that explains a *lot*

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Me too, I didn't know this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.