don't click here

Modern Sonic Arcade/Amusement Games

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by doc eggfan, Dec 4, 2015.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Sonic Blast Ball - pachinko for round eyes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJaJV9TsnyM[/youtube]

Sonic Dash Extreme - Arcade version of mobile endless runner

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swAyQEinto[/youtube]

Sonic Kiddie Ride

[​IMG]

video

Sonic Sports Air Hockey

[​IMG]

Sonic Sports Basketball

[​IMG]

Anyone played them?

2. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I've played a slightly different version of the air hockey; this one:

[​IMG]

I've seen it in quite a few arcades over here, as well as the basketball game.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    A nearby bowling alley has this 4-player Air Hockey table:

[​IMG]

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Arcade/bowlplex near me has the Sonic basketball one. I take my nieces and nephews there and always pay for them to play it.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I've got the basketball one nearish to me at GameTime. I think they have the Sonic air hockey one too, but I'm not entirely sure. They have air hockey, but I can't remember if it's branded with Sega or not.

6. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    I remember seeing the air hockey and basketball games at an arcade near here. I also *think* I've seen them on a couple Royal Carribean ships, but my memory on that matter is seriously shaky.

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Come to think of it I'm ninety percent sure that arcade/bowlplex near me has Sonic air hockey right next to the Sonic basketball machine. It's noteworthy because I live like in the middle of nowhere - a really remote town away from the major cities and yet the Sonic arcade machines still managed to make it over here. We also have Sonic graffiti art in the middle of the town too that's pretty noticeable and massive which must be a relic from the Megadrive days. Guess these machines are ultimately quite prevalent.

8. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    Through my company, I get to attend IAAPA which is held annually in my city, and Sega always has a big arcade display. There were quite a few Sonic themed arcade games. I didn't take many pictures this year, but here are a couple I took of Sonic Dash and the Sonic & Mario at the Olympics arcade machine:

http://imgur.com/a/dwqOu

9. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

There are two of the basketball machines at Tokyo Joypolis. It seems like a missed opportunity to not have the basketball's with Sonic in a spin attack printed on them. Something like the Sonic stress ball but printed on the basketballs would have been nice.

[​IMG]

10. Xilla

Xilla

The bowling alley at Soar Braehead (formerly Xscape) has the basketball and air hockey games as well. Only played the former though.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I saw the 2-player air hockey table on Cabot Circus in Bristol about a month ago. SEGA's got thess things out everywhere. http://www.segaarcade.com

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Within the last year this "set" has been given a makeover - same physical machines, just with different art.

Although in both cases it just feels as if they haphazardly slapped a bunch of Sonic characters on a generic air hockey table. It's not the most classy of products.