don't click here

Metal Sonic Question

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chronix, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, it was called both "Mecha Sonic" and "Mechanical Sonic" in an official Japanese Sonic Jam guide. I guess that's the most official name it will ever get.

2. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    Disc-swapping. Hey, it's the next best thing, and it'd probably work on all 3 of the current "next-gen" consoles.

3. BtCE

BtCE

Concerning the Video Games, there are 4 different Sonic-Related Robots. The naming of them is usually concerning the appearance.

Silver Sonic - Silver Sonic is Robotnik's first creation, slow yet extremely powerful. Appears in Sonic 2, Sonic 2 GG. No relation to Metal Sonic, in Sonic Adventure is shown in a capsule next to Metal Sonic.

Mecha Sonic - An upgraded version of Silver Sonic you fight in S3&K in Sky Sanctuary Zone. Can become Hyper Metal Sonic with the Master Emerald.

Metal Sonic* - A completely new Robot, less power and more speed was built into it. Faster than Sonic at top speeds. Appears in Sonic CD, Sonic R, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Triple Trouble.

Metallix* - only appears in Knuckles Chaotix, and upgraded version of Metal Sonic, can morph into a Super Mutated Version similar to Metal Emperor in Sonic Heroes.

* = Official name.

If you include all the various crap from comics, there are a lot more robot Sonics, but I don't count them. =P Silver Sonic and Mecha Sonic are just common sense names, but I could have sworn he Silver Sonic is an official name, but I have no proof.

4. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    Oh boy, this is a good one. I will say what I know: there are (supposedly) only two robot Sonics:

Metal Sonic: the robot we all know and love. Stars in SONIC the Hedgehog CD, Chaotix, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Heroes. Stands proudly in on of the tubes in Eggman's secret base (SADX)

Mecha Sonic: The first boss in DEZ of Sonic 2, as well as the boss of SSZ in S&K. Now, I know they don't look alike, but their official names match. I believe it was an oversight and they were supposed to be different robots. But then again, Mecha stands next to Metal in Eggman's base in SADX, and the "other one" is nowhere in sight. Truly mysterious this is. Also, look at the Sonic 2 bot, the S&K one and the one in the green tube: they all have orange cyclops eyes. This is another argument to prove they're the same.

Also, I never heard of the name Metallix. Then again, I know little about Chaotix, but I'm pretty sure that the robot's name is Metal Sonic.

5. magraimon

magraimon

A superficial anomaly of the human psyche! Member
    Metallix was mentioned in the stc comics, and possibly in the chaotix manual.

Mecha sonic is also playable in SA/DX when you got every single emblem.

You may be on to something with the cyclops eye, however..

6. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    The "Stay Sonic" book refers to the Sonic 2 DEZ robot as "Stone Sonic" I always knew that this was wrong because it certainly isn't made of stone. However it does refer to the Scrambled Egg Zone robot as Silver Sonic.

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

I have the manual for S2 GG and the official name for it is Silver in the Game gear game. And since I read the Game Gear Manual before I reached Death Egg Zone, when I reahed there I assumed it was Silver Sonic in DEZ.

(Only a quick dropin becuase I have alot of freetime and no homework this weekend)

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    The Sonic Advance games are the best thing to happen to Sonic since the Genesis days. They're actually really alike to the genesis games, the only thing that makes them a bit easier is the fact that there's saving. (Aside from S3K, which was probably the best Genesis game next so S2)

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    "Metallix" didn't exist in the videogames, and Silver Sonic is just the one in GG Sonic 2, the MegaDrive one is Mecha Sonic as I stated before.

10. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    "The one in GG Sonic 2"

Did you not notice the startling similarities between the GG and Genesis non-biotic (can't call them metal or silver...) Sonics? Also, none of the instruction manuals give these non-biotic Sonics official names. (at least not the US manuals)

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Erm... Well, they're supposed to be metallic and have a shape similar to Sonic's, but as seen in this pic they're very different.

I've just checked and the European manual calls it Silver Sonic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.