don't click here

Massive plot holes in the Sonic franchise.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chad Devore, Jun 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalDuck: As I've mentioned before, this is all kind of a subjective matter, isn't it? Your explanation is perfectly valid, and I'm well aware of the many problems with Back to the Future, but you and I just see the glass half-full for different things. Nothing wrong with that (it's certainly nice to see some constructive counter-arguments about two subjects I like, at least).

Getting back to the topic at hand, remember when Sonic Unleashed used real location names for its levels (such as Apotos being Mykonos)? I suppose they did the right decision in the end, since it's vague enough to allow fans to come up with their own theories. You could say Sonic lives in our planet or a different one entirely, and most people wouldn't bat an eye.

2. Felik

Felik

His explanation of why Sonic 06 time travel is not any less competent than Back to the Future is objective and well argumented. Your reason why B2F time travel is more competent than 06 is basically "Back to the Future is better and I like it more so it must be better than 06 in every way"

3. Xilla

Xilla

Regarding the Moon thing:

Just take the Sonic X route: Robotnik fixed it himself in order to say sorry for the shit he unleashed (and to make himself more popular than Sonic in the eyes of the public).

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    We don't need to, we've an actual explanation given, silly as it is, remember?

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's not even a case of glass half-full for different things (for a start, I massively prefer BTTF); when the time travel element is compared, for the most part Sonic '06 works and BTTF doesn't.

6. I... never said Back to the Future's time travel was more competent? I said I liked the writing better, but I guess having an opinion is frowned upon by the likes of you, then?

I've already admitted the film has lots of problems with its time travel from a logical perspective, I've agreed that DigitalDuck's explanation is spot on, and I said that I like how he's got a point of view quite different from mine, so uh... what's your beef, buddy? What do I need to say for you to get off my case?

7. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Are we all sure this isn't a circlejerk thread about something that isn't even that well thought out by the devs themselves

8. This was a circlejerk from the very beginning looking at how this thread was started :v:
    + - Seriously why is this still open?  

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly? Because I saw no real justified reason to close it. =P

Now it's been brought up, though... *waves mod wand*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.