don't click here

Looping Samples?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Azu, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Would anyone have any advice on correctly looping samples? I'm fixing to extract Some samples from Sonic Advance series, but they won't be looped. Also, an easier way to ripped said samples other than using GBA2MIDI.

2. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Sadly I am unable to give advice- once you get the samples ripped you will still need to manually loop them-
    May we ask what this is for? :O Samples? Soundfont?

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I had plan on making a SoundFont. It'd be easier if there some type of soundbank file in the gba roms that could be converted to DLS or SF2.

4. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Soundfont? Awesome...well I wish you the best of luck with it! I've been after some more video game SFs for a while now...would kill for a FF9 one D:

5. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Did you try exporting Impulse Tracker instruments with Sappy? Those will be looped. (GBA sound hacking tools need a major revival...)

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I could never get sappy to work with Sonic Advance 2 and 3. I think it works with Sonic Advance 1. I'm know there are a few new instruments in SA2 and SA3.

I could make a FF9 soundfont. The Instruments ripped from PSX games with PSound will be loop, or some of them at least.

7. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I'd very much love you in the least gay way possible if you could; that'd be quite an awesomely handy thing to have handy, I believe. owo

8. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Sappy doesn't seem to work with SA. SA2 does. So, how do I export as IT instruments?

9. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    I second this- :D

10. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I was going to say it would probably be hell trying to fish out loop point data, but it sounds like Sappy accomplished it.
    Also, I can't say I give a shit about GBA samples. They are always loafs of shit pinched out by speakers because the GBA required the most disgusting compression imaginable. I have found no practical use in any GBA instrument samples except the choirs from SA3, which sound alright when filtered with lowpass and used with a lot of dissonance...

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    By the way, what does Sonic Advance mostly use for is Bass? is a Square Wave, Sine Wave, or Saw Wave?

12. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    It's a disgusting Square most of the time, yes.

Oh, the shitty limitations of the GBA's hardware. At least Mega Man Zero sounded great despite them.

13. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I do have an MMZ SoundFont, but it's incomplete.

14. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I'd still very much love to hear what you do have, if you'd be so very kind sir Azu. owo

That said, are there any other games that so elegantly shipped by the GBA limitations aside from the MMZ games and parts of SA3?

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member