don't click here

Looking for an issue of Game Informer

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mercury, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I would like to know the issue # of the Game Informer magazine with the Sonic Fan Remix interview in it.

I can't for the life of me find anything online (GI's own site is totally balls). I think it might be January 2011, #213 - but I want to be absolutely sure before I go buying a back issue.

If anybody here at Retro owns it and is willing to sell, I'd be willing to buy it from them instead of eBay. Or trade - I've got #222 through #234 in great condition.

I just think it would be kind of cool to own a physical copy of Pelikan's and my interview, and I missed the chance when it first came out.

Thanks!

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I own a LOT of Game Informers. I'll be sure to look when I get home.

Do you have an issue of GameGO! to trade? If not I'm sure we can easily work something out, I'm not too attached to my Game Informers.

3. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Is SFR back on :D? Or just looking at it as a keepsake? + - Or a pitch to Sega :specialed:  

4. darkspines35

darkspines35

It's Easy Actually. No, seriously. Tech Member
    .V.
    Sanik Adevnt Casters
    I do remember reading this issue, but I have no idea if I still have. I won't be able to look for a few hours either, but I'll check unless biggestsonicfan there comes up with something. :v:

5. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    The only mags I have are the GI I mentioned and some issues of Nintendo Power from the GCN and early Wii era.

My GI subscription ran out and I didn't care to renew it (I only got it as a freebie when I bought something at GameStop), so I was thinking of unloading the ones I had. Then I remembered about the interview from years ago, and how it would be cool to own a print copy.

So no SFR news, sorry! That's up to Damizean and Pelikan.

6. Some Dude's Hand

Some Dude's Hand

Needs more loops... Member
    Empire City
    Getting my ideas off the paper and into the computer.
    I have the issue you're looking for, in fairly good condition, and you can name the price for it. I don't have any pictures of it at the moment but if you need any proof, I can send you some shots of the mag as soon as I can. Just send me an email with your address, and I'll get to packaging it.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Hi.

Your right, its janurary 2011 #213.

I'm staring at the article as we speak.

I can try to see if I can get the owner to let go of it, what are you willing to pay for it?

EDIT: oh damn first offer above, I was too late. well ok go with Some Dude's Hand first if something doesn't work out let me know.

8. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    I sent a PM to Some Dude's Hand.

I'll check back in in this thread if it doesn't work out for some reason.

9. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I know nothing of SFR's current state, but I did speak to Damizean recently about something else. If his response was any indication, I'd say its a possibility he is not working on anything at the moment due to uni. I could be completely wrong, as I'm only speculating based on our brief exchange, but he did mention being busy due to said reason... and I've heard little from him since... so take from that what you will... with a grain of salt of course.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Number 213? I have that one. Stay your money, friends. I'll scan it up later.

And this is why I insist on getting the print edition of magazines still.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well a proper scan would be cool for SFR's wiki page, but I think mercury was looking for an actual print copy to have.

12. Mercury

Mercury

Location Location
    AeStHete
    Quite right. It's an ego thing, really.

In fact, the issue arrived in the mail today. :)

I ended up gifting Sonic CD on Steam to Some Dude's Hand in return for it. (Thanks, man.)

Thanks to everyone else who replied.

13. Some Dude's Hand

Some Dude's Hand

Needs more loops... Member
    Empire City
    Getting my ideas off the paper and into the computer.
    While the interview is pretty rad, there are some other things in the issue that catch the eye, like how the DS version of Sonic Colors somehow got a better score than the Wii version...
    + - anyways...  
    Thanks Mercury, for your time and patience.

14. I read about Sonic Generations in Game Informer and saw it had a rating of, what was it, 6.75? At the time, I had the game, and after playing it a little bit, I kinda agreed a little bit to the points made, but I gave some doubt to the rating and beat the game, and the missions, and unlockables. I think it deserves a little bit more of a higher rating.

It also makes me wish they went more with the classic sonic game formula. (2-3 acts for each zone, special stages to get the emeralds and more rings and goodies)