don't click here

LMMS - Linux MultiMedia Studio for Windows and Linux

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Sackboy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Sackboy

Sackboy

Long Island
    I come up with things here and there. If I come up with something creative usually I will post as much as I can about it.
    Oddly enough this program is also for Windows and Linux even though its called "Linux" Multimedia Studio:

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/download.php

I am guessing aside from being as hard to use if not harder than Fruity Loops, the software is if you don't want to pay for Fruity Loops and you want to be legit about it. If anyone has any information on how to use it, or anything else, kindly enlighten me. Thanx :).

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I hadn't seen this before. It could be a nice ModPlug Tracker, which has been driving me batty.

3. Axel Letterman

Axel Letterman

The Saiyan Hedgehog Member
    I had a go at it, the environment is very similar to fruity loops. If you managed to get a few tutorials for fruity loops it'll work the same on LMMS. Just that you need to tweak the tutorials to get it working.

It's got a nice Gameboy sound engine and SID modules to play around with.

4. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    I found this a few weeks ago and I've been playing around with it. Being free, of course, it's not quite up to par with FL Studio, but it's got most of the basic functionality and a few nice additions of its own, like the cool default instrument set.

It does seem a lot buggier than FL Studio. Editing drumloops on the piano roll, for example, often causes some of the buttons in the regular editor to disappear, and the program always seems to crash when I try to import a MIDI or FL Studio project. I'm guessing some of the buginess comes from the fact that I'm using the Windows port.

It also lacks the ability to export MIDIs, which is very inconvenient for editing among different programs.

But overall, I'm pretty happy with it. There are a few tutorials at the LMMS Wiki that you might want to check out, but it's hard to find in-depth information on a particular feature. The program itself isn't not terribly unintuitive if you've worked with FL Studio much, but it might take some toying around to get everything working the way you want.